The Instagram stories are one of the greatest attractions of Instagram. These stories disappear after 24 hours – greatly contribute to the popularity of Instagram, contributing to its addictive side. They still have to be successful in order to stand out in the constant flow of images. And if Instagram offers all the basic functions to create one, there are also external tools like Canva that helps to create high-quality stories, even without creative talent
Canva is very easy to use on a pc with a web browser. All you have to do is signup. Note that you can also use the same account on your mobile.
- Open your web browser and go to the Canva site
- Click the Register, at the top right of the Canva home page
- choose your registration method, Depending on your preferences: with an E-mail address, with your Facebook account, or with your Google account.
- Choose a username and password and then complete your registration.
Select a story template in Canva
- Once logged into your Canva account, you will then be taken to the Canva home page. Click on the blue Create Design button in the top bar and then select Instagram Story from the drop-down list.
- A new page opens in a new tab with a blank location to the right. In the left part, you access the templates of Instagram Stories
- You can filter out the results by performing a keyword search. Type a keyword related to the theme of your Instagram story and the Find templates or tap directly on a displayed template.
- Some templates will have a mini play button in their upper left corner. This icon indicates that the template is already animated, which can be a good criterion for an Instagram story. But anyway, we’ll show you how to add animation to Instagram stories.
- To locate a free template, hover over the template with your mouse pointer. If the Free logo appears, you can use it without any restriction.
- Sometimes, instead of Free, the paid logo will appear to use those kinds of templates you need to subscribe for pro feature in Canva“>Canva
- In Free Version When you’ve found a template you like, just tap on its thumbnail to open and edit it as per your need.
- Don’t forget to give a name to your file at the top right of the window, by clicking on Design Name – Your Story (the name given by default) and typing the name of your choice instead.
- Canva automatically saves your work. You can also stop your work at any time and resume it on another computer or mobile with your login credential
Change the background image in Canva
- Templates often feature the main photo as a background. You can change it for an image from your collection. To do this, click on the Uploads button in the button bar on the left. If no photo is suitable click upload media to add more.
- Drag and drop the photo with your mouse pointer so that your photo takes the place of the one included in the template.
- Double-click on the image you just imported. You can then resize or move it. The clearest part being the one that will be visible.
- Click Done at the top left to validate the operation
Add custom text to Canva
- To edit the texts of your templates, double-click with your mouse pointer on the sentence to edit it. Once the text is selected, change it.
- You can make other changes also, like changing the font, Font Spacing, Text Effects, etc. Click on the name of the font provided by the template. A column opens with the list of fonts at the top. The ones you have used recently will be shown first. You can choose another one, but avoid those with a golden crown next to their name because they are not free. Just click on the name of a font for it to apply.
- The other buttons in the menu bar at the top of the editing window allow standard changes, as in a word: size, color, text alignment, enrichment.
Replace items in Canva
Templates are made up of several elements such as illustrations, colored frames, or even blocks of text that can be moved, modified, or deleted.
- To delete an item that is present on the template, just tap on it and click delete on your Keyboard or tap the trash can icon in the button bar.
- At the top right there is a Position button, a very useful and easy-to-use tool. It allows you to precisely adjust the distribution of one or more elements. Click on the different blocks one after the other, while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard. Then click on Position. You can now easily align the elements of your story in the center or on one side, and even distribute them evenly.
- You can also add a new illustration to the story template, by clicking on Elements in the bar on the left side of the screen.
- Select the elements you like either from those offered or by launching a search. Click on the element to have it added to your creation.
- Use the white dots at the four corners of the block to adjust the size of the frame to fit the window. The small wheel below is used to change the inclination of the block.
- For some elements, you can change their colors and use your document’s color palette. It will blend in better with the design. Tap the color pad at the top of the screen to change the color of your new element.
- Select the color of your choice
Animation in Canva
An Instagram story must be in motion. By Canva you can do this by adding powerpoint-style animations: elements that appear gradually or zoom in on a photo. Once again some are paid and are indicated by the golden crown.
- Click the Animate button. Small thumbnails appear in a column on the left. Tap on one of them and your story gets animated.
- To see the final version, tap the play button at the top right of the window.
- Your animation appears and is triggered automatically. When reading is complete, click Close.
Download Canva file to post it
- Once when you complete your creation, click on the Download icon at the top right of the screen.
- Choose the file type: PNG or JPG for a simple Instagram story or MP4 Video if you have animated it.
- Click on the Download button.
- A dialog box will appear to let you know that your design is being prepared.
- Another dialog box will appear when your creation is successfully downloaded.
- Get your file from your Downloads folder on your PC.
- To post your story on Instagram, you will need to send the file on your mobile by sending it to you via email or by any cloud platform. Or even more simply, launch the Canva app on your smartphone and you will find your latest creation there.
How to make an Instagram story on mobile with the Canva app?
Canva is also available in the mobile version, as a free application for iOS and Android. Mobile tools have fewer functions than on the Web version, but your account allows you to easily switch from mobile to PC by sharing your creations.
- First of all, download and install the Canva app on your device (Smartphone or tablet).
- Once when the Canva application is installed on your device, open it. To use it,
- All you need to do is create an account by Signing Up. Enter your email address and choose a password. That’s all! You will then be taken directly to the home page of the Canva application.
- On the home screen, tap the + button at the bottom of the screen. Choose Instagram Story from the menu that appears.
- You access a gallery of predefined templates sorted by various categories.
- To help you find what you want, a search field is available in the Canva app. Enter a keyword related to your story.
- Some Templates will have a mini play button in their upper left corner. This mini play button simply indicates that the template is animated.
- Unlike the web version of Canva, unfortunately, there is no easy way to differentiate a free template from a template with paid elements. You can only see it after opening the template. Paid items are covered with a Canva watermark.
- When you found a template you like, just tap on its thumbnail to edit it.
Change image in Canva Mobile app
- If your selected template has a photo, you can swap it with another image from your files. To do this, tap Replace at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, click on the purple Import Media button.
- Browse your phone’s photo gallery and select the photo you want to import to your Canva library
- Click on the photo you just imported again. You can then move the photo by pressing and dragging your finger and crop it.
Add custom text in the Canva Mobile app
- Now it’s time to edit the text of the post. Tap once on the text that you want to edit.
- Tap Edit. Now the text is selected and your mobile keyboard will appear.
- You can make changes like changing the font. Tap on the name of the font provided by the template. The ones you have used recently are shown first. You can also choose other fonts but do not choose the ones with a golden crown next to their name because they are paid! Just tap the name of a font for it to apply immediately.
- You can also change the size, color, and style of the font using the other buttons, like in a word: italic, bold, underlined, etc.
Replace Elements in Canva Mobile
The elements such as decorations, colored frames, or even text blocks can all be moved, modified, or deleted.
- To delete an element in the template, just tap on it and tap the trashcan icon in the central button bar.
- To add a new element to your post, press the + button at the bottom of the screen and choose Element in the menu that opens.
- Select the element which you like, either by choosing it from those offered or by searching. Canva displays the most recently used elements at the top of the list, which is very convenient. Just tap the item and it will be added to your post.
- Use the white dots at the four corners of the elements to change the size of the frame to fit your creation
- You can customize certain elements by giving them colors of your choice. They will blend in better with the decoration. Tap the color pad at the bottom of the screen to change the color of your new elements.
- One of the really handy features of Canva is that the app analyzes the photo and images used in the creation and creates an associated color palette that you will find for all edits, whether it’s a text or image.
Animation in Canva Mobile App
Since your Instagram story creation is intended to be published on Instagram in story format, it would be attractive to animate it a little. With Canva you can do this with simple animations ( zoom, appearance, progresses). Note that there is only fewer choice in the app than in the web version of Canva“>Canva
- Click on the Animate button. Small miniatures will appear just below. Select a thumbnail to see the result of your creation.
- To see the final result of your creation, tap the play button at the top right of the screen.
- Your animation will appear and get triggered automatically. When you have finished reading, close the screen by tapping on the cross on the left.
Save and share in Canva Mobile App
- Before posting your Instagram story, find the Pencil icon and tap it to rename your post.
- The default name is selected, rename it with the name of your choice. Confirm it by pressing the small checkmark at the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the previous screen, tap the white arrow pointing up, in the purple banner, at the right corner of your screen. Scroll down and click on Instagram Story.
- Once your creation is ready, the Instagram story posting interface will open automatically. All You have to do is to post your Instagram story as is or complete it with other Instagram tools.
- You can also use Save As … and download, to post your story later. The file is now downloaded to your mobile Files.
If you Find this Blog Informational Give a thumbs-up emoji on the comment or your feedback. For More Contents like this Checkout Digiitallife