Sometimes you feel embarrassed when you are browsing the feed on Facebook and you come across a video that makes an annoying or inappropriate sound because in the meantime you notice that everyone around you is looking at your phone because they hear that sound. This is where it’s important to automatically stop playing the video with audio on Facebook. That’s what we’ll do in this guide because after turning off audio for automatic video playback, you can use Facebook comfortably and without worrying about a video embarrassing you.
Table of Contents
How to disable video auto-play with audio in Facebook
- Open the Facebook app on your device and then Sign in to your account if you haven’t done so already. Now you can click on the three-bar menu option on the top bar. After that, select a Settings & Privacy option.
- In the sub-menu that appeared, click on the Settings option.
- Scroll down and press the Media and Contacts section.
- On the next page, look for an option called “Videos start with sound”. Turn off the button next to it.
- Once you have disabled the option, you can now go back and browse the stream comfortably without playing the audio while you encounter the video. However, you can manually play the audio yourself while encountering the video. So, you are free to choose whether to play the video with audio or not. The important thing here is that we have disabled video playback automatically with audio.
Stop video playback automatically on Facebook
If you want to disable video auto-play, then you can easily do it from the same settings. I went to the same place it is Media and Contacts “Media and Contacts”.
In the section Autoplay “Autoplay”, you can specify whether you want to play videos automatically using only the Wi-Fi network, or not play them or play them when the Internet is available in general. In our case, we want to disable video autoplay, so we will select the option Never Autoplay Videos.
Longer, when you encounter the video on Facebook, it will not be played automatically, so you need to enable it yourself. This option is important for those who do not want to use the Internet to play unnecessary videos, and it will reduce battery consumption.