RAR is one of the most popular compression file formats in windows. But Still, macOS does not have an extraction ability by default.
If you want to open a .rar file on your Mac computer, Follow my information Step by Step. In this tutorial we are going to use “The Unarchiver” available on the App Store for free, it will allow you to easily extract all your .rar files.
Table of Contents
Open a RAR file in Mac
- Click on the Apple menu at the top left of your Mac screen and then select App Store.
- In the search box on the app store, type The Unarchiver.
- Click on the cloud icon or click Get to install The Unarchiver software.
- Once the software got installed on your Mac, open the Launchpad by pressing the F4 key and then open The Unarchiver software.
- This The Unarchiver software window opens. Check that to RAR. The archive is checked.
- Then go to the place of the RAR file to open and double-click on it.
- Choose the required destination for the files to unzip.
- Then click on the Extract button to start decompression.
The Unarchiver supports a huge number of compressed files in mac. In its Options menu, you can check as many Check-boxes as you want to make it your default decompression software.