With the latest Sony’s Remote Play app, you can play the latest PS5 games on your Android phone or iPhone
The PS5 enters at an exciting time in the gaming world, introducing another age of games and the imaginative DualSense controller. Many PS5 exclusives are also planned. But what if you want to play PS5 from Android phone or iPhone?
The answer is Sony’s Remote Play, a feature Sony offers to PS5 and PS4 users, this feature allows you to play the latest PS4 and PS5 games from their iOS device or Android device, and you can also connect your DualSense controller to enhance your gaming experience.
Below, we explain how to Play PS5 from Android Phone or iPhone
Connecting your DualSense controller to your smartphone
Before you jump into the latest PS5 games via your Android device or IOS device, you will first need to connect your DualSense controller. It’s technically not necessary, as Sony offers a touch overlay in your Smartphone with access to all DualSense buttons and triggers. However, since it is a complex process, the controller is your best option.
here’s how to connect your DualSense or DualShock 4 controller to your Android or iOS device:
- Open Settings on your smartphone and turn on the Bluetooth option.
- On your DualSense controller, press and hold the PlayStation button and Create (Share to DS4) buttons for pairing.
- On your smartphone, Click the DualSense controller.
After a few seconds, your controller should be successfully connected to your smartphone and ready to use.
Play PS5 games from Android phone or iPhone
Of course, you cant run PS5 games natively, so you’ll be relying on Sony’s Remote Play App feature, which lets you play PS 5 games on your smartphone. This requires a PS5 and a stable internet connection.
Here’s how to play PS5 games on your Android device or iOS device using the PS5 Remote Play feature.
On your PS5:
Open Settings → System → Remote Playback and Enable Remote Playback.
And then Go to System → Power Saving → Features Available in Idle Mode
Make sure the PS5 stays connected to the internet and Allow PS5 to power on from both network options are enabled.
On your smartphone:
- Download the PS Remote Play app for your Android device or iOS device.
- Login with your PSN account on PS remote Play app
- Select your PS5 console, if you are under iOS 14, allow the app to access your network.
- Wait for few seconds Until your smartphone finds and connects with your console.
You are now ready to play PS5 games on your Android device or iOS device!