One solution to an Amazon Fire TV problem is to reset its settings. This will set its settings as they were before when you bought it, which means that all the settings you have set manually, be it Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings, etc. will be deleted and all your data will be erased. Also, this step is useful when you want to sell or give away your Amazon Fire TV device to keep your data private.
Without further ado, find out below how to reset your Fire TV settings, either via the settings menu, or simply via the remote.
How to reset your Amazon Fire TV settings
- On the remote, press the Home button, then go to Settings. Once you’ve moved the gear icon, press the down arrow button to access the settings menu.
- Note: If you are using an older version of the Fire TV operating system, you will see the Settings option in the top corner of the main interface. Once you get there, follow the steps below, they are exactly the same.
- Now click on the My Fire TV option. (On an older version, you will see a Device option or System option otherwise).
- In the menu that appears, scroll down and press Reset to Factory Defaults. Enter the PIN code if prompted.
- Finally, press the Reset button to confirm this action. Then, wait a moment for the Fire TV settings reset process to finish and do not unplug the device.
- Once the process of resetting your device is complete, it will automatically restart as if you were setting it up for the first time. This will improve the storage space in the device Empty the cache and free it from any additional applications.
- If you have trouble executing the above plans on your Fire TV device, you can rely on an alternative method, which is to reset the settings via the remote control only.
Reset Fire TV settings using the remote
It’s easy to reset the settings via the remote control, but most users are not familiar with this method. Here’s how.
First, turn on your Amazon Fire TV, then hold down the right directional button and the back button for 10 seconds until a Reset Settings window appears. Click Reset.
As with the method above, the Fire TV reset process will take some time. As mentioned above, do not unplug the device until the process is completely finished. Once this is done, the device will automatically turn on with the factory settings as if you had purchased it again.