Instagram is one of the most used social networks by Internet users. On it you can access all the photos and videos uploaded by your favorite artists, as well as create your own and upload them for your followers to see.
But many times, especially if your profile is that of an influential person, you may come across the unpleasant news that someone is trying to impersonate you. That’s why, so that everyone knows which is your official account, we are going to tell you how to verify your Instagram account.
Requirements to request the verified Instagram account
To request the verified Instagram account you need to meet a series of minimum requirements. It is necessary to have them so that your account has a new badge that shows everyone that it is the official one.
Among the necessary requirements to ask for the verified Instagram we go directly to the Instagram blog to give you the key points. They are as follows, so take note to see if you meet them all:
- Your account must represent a real person, a registered entity or company that is frequently searched.
- Also, the account must be the only presence of that person or entity (who can also be a pet).
- Only one account per person can be verified, unless they have different languages.
- Your account must be public and must have an introduction, a profile picture and at least one post.
- As you can see, not everyone has the possibility to receive Instagram verified. It’s not that it has very demanding requirements, but they are very important for those in Menlo Park to grant you the famous Instagram verified.
Having it is very important for companies and celebrities, since the objective is that the platform itself indicates which are the official information channels of those who request it.
How to verify your Instagram account
Now that you know what the requirements are, you may be interested to know how you can ask Instagram to give you the verified.
And is that as a user you need to ask for it, because otherwise the category of your account will remain as always between private or public. But we are here to accompany you in this process, so pay attention to the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to Instagram
- Select your profile
- Go to the “Settings” section and choose “Account”.
- Scroll down and go to the section “Request verification”.
From here you will only have to fill in the data requested in each of the steps that are proposed to you such as your full name, ID to verify your identity, what that celebrity is focused on and how are the followers who follow that account.
The latter is understood as the target audience of that channel, so you will have to define it briefly according to the reason you see fit.
Then, you just have to click on the “Send” button and you will only have to wait for the company to verify the data and, finally, decide that your account must have the blue badge that authorizes you as a verified Instagram user.
Of course this has a number of restrictions, such as not being able to change your username, but this has great advantages such as getting more audience on your account by marking it as official.
The process will take a couple of days, so we recommend that you do not stop uploading the content you have planned because sooner or later you will receive this long-awaited message from Meta’s photo app.