Telegram and its channels offer endless possibilities. We tell you how to join them.
One of the strengths of Telegram, unlike its main competitor WhatsApp, is the large number of chat types it offers. With this application, it is possible to create groups, individual conversations, talk to bots, or access channels. The channels have become a powerful communication tool, even for government agencies. Do you want to know how to join a Telegram channel easily?
- The first step is to locate the Telegram channel. This is possible by using its URL or by using Telegram’s universal search.
- Next, click on the Join button. You will see it at the bottom of the screen.
- As soon as you join the channel, the Join button will change to Mute. We recommend that you mute the channels, as continuous notifications can be annoying. In any case, this decision will depend on how urgently you need to check the channel’s news or how many messages it sends per day.
Where is the channel you have just subscribed to located? Like the rest of the chats, in the Telegram conversation list. The moment you want to exit the channel, simply long press on it and delete it. In the pop-up dialog select Exit channel.
Table of Contents
How to enter a Private Telegram channel
To enter a private channel, it is necessary to receive an invitation from the owner. In other words, joining is not as simple as in public channels. However, there are private channels with public invitation links. In this case, you will need to locate the link or have a member of the channel send it to you. This is the only way to access a private channel. The users that make up a private channel are added manually by the channel administrator.
How to Send a Message to a Telegram channel
It is not possible to send messages in channels. In fact, channels are a one-way communication medium, where the owner shares content and subscribers receive it. However, it is possible to comment on posts. This function must be enabled by the channel administrator. If you wish to comment on a post, do the following.
- Enter the channel.
- Find the post sent by the owner on which you want to comment.
- Click on the Comment button.
- Once you have accessed the discussion chat, type your message.
How to Search for Channels in Telegram
To locate channels, simply use the app’s search function. In the case of Telegram, its search engine is responsible for crawling all types of content, including channels. When you have found the channel, follow the instructions we give you at the beginning of this article to join.
A good example to understand how Telegram’s search system works are the channels of offers and bargains. There are countless and to find them you simply have to type terms like “Shopping”, “Bargains” or “Offers”. The application will show you the main results. All those entries that show a number of subscribers are public channels that you can join.
If you find this Blog informational give a thumbs up in the comments section and subscribe with your Email to receive useful Information