If you are a Linkedin network user in specific languages and you want to change them, you can simply do it so that Linkedin Company allows you to use the platform in different languages spoken in the world, and the total number of supported languages on LinkedIn is about 24 languages. You can choose one of the supported languages to use in your account. In addition, a content translation feature has also been provided so that you can offer translation of any message into a specific language on LinkedIn. In this guide, we’ll learn how to change the language your account uses, in addition to setting a specific language for translation.
Since Linkedin is one of the most important social networks for the business and professional world, it is necessary to have most of the user languages available, and it has users from different parts of the world.
Table of Contents
How to change the language of use of your Linkedin account
It is worth noting that you cannot change the language via the Linkedin app for smartphones, because it directly depends on the language you use on your device, that is, the language of use of your LinkedIn account is chosen according to the language you use on your device, whether it is Android or iPhone. So if you want to use a different language on the app, you have to change it via the device settings.
Regardless of the app, you can change the language for using Linkedin on the web via the settings by following the steps below.
- Open the browser on your computer and access the Linkedin website.
- In the main interface, click on the Me option, a small menu will appear, select the Language option.
- You will be taken directly to the site preferences section, specifically to the language settings. Click on the drop-down menu, then choose the language you wish to use on LinkedIn.
- Once you select the language, the page will immediately reload and the website will appear in the language you specified.
How to change the content language in Linkedin
- From the same settings, you can change the translation language of articles on LinkedIn, which means that when an article is published in a specific language you don’t understand, you can display the translation directly in the article so that it appears to you in the language you specified in the Content-Language settings.
- Again, click on the Me option to display a menu, then select the language option.
- You will immediately see the site preference settings. Click on the Content-Language option
- Click on the Add a language option and then click on the box to display a drop-down menu to select the language for the content translation. You can choose multiple languages if you wish. After selecting the language, click the Save Changes button.
- After that, you will have the ability to translate content such as articles and comments into the language you selected to enhance your overall experience on LinkedIn.
- You can add or change the subtitle language at any time from the same place, just click Edit language and make your changes and save them.
These are the steps for changing the language of use on the LinkedIn network. Language is a very important factor. You need to choose what you understand to get the most out of the network.