Of course, you can easily change the password of your LinkedIn account if you know it, but in case you don’t remember the password, here you need to reset the password using the phone number or email address used in your account. Of course, this must be your Linkedin account Associated with a phone number or email, these are essential elements that you add to Create a new account, And this number or email must be valid to be able to reset the password and recover the account.
You can reset your password even if someone stole your LinkedIn account and changed the password. Unless they change the phone number and email address on your account, you can still recover the account. Here’s how.
Table of Contents
How to recover a LinkedIn account
If you can’t remember your email password, you can use the phone number to reset the password. In this guide, we will use the email in the process of resetting a new password, as it is a mandatory option for every LinkedIn account, as it is not possible to create an account without email.
- Open the Linkedin application and click on the Sign-in option. Then, at the bottom of the boxes, click on Forgot Password?
- You will be asked to enter the phone number or email address used on this account. Enter it and click the Find account button.
- Directly, a six-digit code will be sent to your e-mail address, enter this code in the field and click the Submit button. (If you did not receive the code in your e-mail, click the Resend button, and if the order fails, check that you have entered your e-mail address correctly).
- Once you click send, wait a few seconds, and then an interface for entering the new password will appear. for Improve the security of your LinkedIn account next, enter a password that is difficult to remember at first glance, to prevent any intruders from watching you while you log into your account.
- Put the new password you want to set for your account in the first box, and then retype it in the second box. Check the box below the boxes to log out of your account on all devices, then click the Submit button.
- Done, now use your new email and password to log into your Linkedin account. Your account will be logged out from all devices on which it was opened, as it is now necessary to enter the new password instead of the old one.
In order to protect your account from theft, you need to set a strong password as mentioned before, also enable two-factor authentication, in addition to setting an app lock if you want, all these steps are important and effective to secure your account.