OpenDAO (SOS) is a token launched by unknown developers, which is distributed for free to active users of the OpenSea NFT-marketplace. Anyone who has made at least one purchase or sale transaction on the marketplace is eligible to receive the SOS. The creators of OpenSea themselves have commented on the situation: they have nothing to do with the giveaway and advise users to carefully study projects to participate, but are generally happy that the community is finding new creative ways to promote. One Twitter user audited the contract in seven tweets and concluded that it was safe.
Table of Contents
- Name OpenDAO
- SOS ticker
- Year of appearance 2021
- ERC-20 token type
- Ethereum blockchain
- Observers https://etherscan.io/token/ https://ethplorer.io/address/
- Maximum issue 100,000,000,000 SOS
- In circulation as of 12/26/221 36,515,202,063,178 SOS
- Exchange rate on 12/26/2021 $0.00000827
- Capitalization as of December 26, 213,969,506 $
- Official website https://www.theopendao.com/
- Contract– 0x3b484b82567a09e2588a13d54d032153f0c0aee0
- Social Media https://twitter.com/The_OpenDAO https://discord.com/invite/zzzKhejARz
- Exchanges Bybit, OKEx, MEXC, Gate.io, KuCoin, Uniswap, DODO, Sushiswap
- SOS tokens are positioned as a thank you to OpenSea users – collectors, investors and authors, on whom the whole NFT ecosystem depends.
Contract 0x3b484b82567a09e2588a13d54d032153f0c0aee0 on the Ethereum blockchain.
Total supply: 100,000,000,000,000 SOS.
50% is distributed as airdrop to OpenSea traders.
20% – incentives for staking.
20% – sent to OpenDAO account.
10% – incentives to liquidity providers.
OpenDAO funds will be used for the following purposes: supporting emerging digital artists and their creations, supporting various NFT-related communities, compensating victims of fraud on OpenSea, grants to developers to participate in the SOS ecosystem, etc.
How to get SOS tokens
All addresses that have traded on the OpenSea Marketplace at least once since the first day of its creation can expect to receive OpenDAO tokens (SOS). Factors such as the number of transactions in Ethereum, Dai, USD Coin, and their total volume will be taken into account for fair distribution. The second point is more weighty (70% to 30% significance).
The allocation is already underway and will continue until June 30, 2022. However, the snapshot is made on December 23, which means that only transactions for that day will be counted.
What you need to do to get the free tokens:
- Go to https://www.theopendao.com/
- Click Connect Wallet and connect through one of the wallets: Metamask, Coinbase Wallet, or you can use WalletConnect and connect through other wallets such as Trust Wallet or Ledger Live.
- Step 2 will calculate the reward. The system will determine how much money has been spent on OpenSea from a given wallet and multiply that volume by a multiplier of 0.7. It will also analyze the number of transactions and multiply this number by 0.3. Under the line will display the total number of SOS tokens to receive.
- Click on Claim Airdrop to request a payout. It will come to the wallet approximately within a few hours.
- The Add SOS button will be used for DeFi stacking – participants will be able to add their SOS to the protocol and receive a percentage income for liquidity delivery.
Where to buy and store SOS
You can use any ERC-20 wallets (Metamask, Trust Wallet, MathWallet) or custodial crypto exchange accounts to store OpenDAO (SOS). The method is chosen depending on how you plan to use the cryptocurrency.
Exchanges that have already added the token to their trading listings:
And also decentralized Ethereum-based platforms: Uniswap, Sushiswap, DODO. The asset’s daily trading turnover exceeds $414 million, according to CoinGecko, and the number of tokens in circulation is growing rapidly by the minute.
Airdrop SOS has become incredibly popular in a couple of days. As of December 26, nearly 37 trillion tokens of the stated 50 trillion have already been distributed by the creators. As of this writing, the number of holders exceeds 186,000 addresses. The average reward is SOS 26.6 million per request. On Uniswap, there was over $268 million in daily trading volume. Registration search tools such as ICANN Lookup, when checking the official OpenDAO site, report that it was registered with Domains by Proxy, a privacy-focused company, on Dec. 9.
Some Twitter users have examined the contract for security at will. It is generally secure, but there are nuances, such as the overly broad authority of the emission management team. Also note that the situation is not slow to take advantage of scammers: they send fake links, which can lead to the loss of money. You should be careful and follow the links only from reliable sources. Once again, remind that the OpenSea Marketplace has nothing to do with the project (according to their statement), so there is no point in sending them any claims in case of failure.