Want to change the primary navigator on your smartphone? We show you how to make Waze the default GPS app.
Waze is a social navigation app that has become very widespread in recent years. On it, users leave comments, for example, about where there are traffic jams or which way is better, and those comments help the app to point you in a better direction. If you find this interesting, you may have considered how to make Waze the default GPS application. The steps you need to follow are as follows:
- On your smartphone, open the Settings menu.
- Go to Applications
- Go to Default Applications
- Look for the GPS option
- Select Waze
- From that moment on, every time you want to open a link that takes you to a GPS map, you will find that it opens directly in Waze, instead of opening in Google Maps or any other map application you may have installed on your phone. In this way, the social browser will have become your go-to app.
Of course, when you want to use a navigator you will still be able to use the one you want regardless of which one is the default.
How To Set The Default Gps On Your Android Phone
Even if Waze is not the browser you want to use as default, the steps to choose it will always be the same. That is, if you are wondering how to set the default GPS of your Android phone you will have to follow the same steps that we have indicated in the previous section. The only difference is that, in case you do not want to use Waze, in the last step you will have to choose the browser you have chosen to be your default GPS.
Keep in mind that there are brands that add customization layers to the operating system that slightly change some menus such as Settings. Therefore, there is the possibility that the menu is not exactly as we have explained. But the differences are not too big, so you will easily find a way to set your default GPS.
You may also encounter some changes in the process in case you have a phone with a slightly older Android version.
How To Use Waze On Android Auto
If you have the Android operating system in your car and you are used to using Waze, you will surely find it quite useful to enjoy its on-screen directions. And, in that case, you may be wondering how to use Waze on Android Auto. The reality is that the process is very simple and similar to using any GPS. The steps to follow are these:
- Connect your mobile device to your vehicle using a USB cable.
- Select the applications menu and choose Waze.
- To open the keyboard at the top of the screen, tap on the search field.
- Enter your destination
- If multiple addresses appear, choose the appropriate one
- Follow the directions to your destination
- You can also indicate the direction you want to go through the Google Assistant. To do this, say Ok Google or click on the microphone icon. Then say the direction you want to go and Waze will take you there.