You are going away for a few days and you can’t ship the items you put on sale on Vinted? Remember to activate the vacation mode to warn interested visitors and leave with peace of mind!
When you publish ads on Vinted, you are required to ship the items quickly once they have found a buyer. But what do you do when you have to go away for a few days or a few weeks, for example for vacation? No question of leaving your ads online: if one of your items is sold and you cannot send it within the time limit set by the platform, the transaction will be cancelled and you will automatically receive a bad rating that will damage your reputation. There is also no question of deleting your ads, especially if you have a lot of them, and republishing them when you return.
Don’t worry, Vinted has foreseen this very frequent situation by proposing an option simply called “vacation mode”. Simply activate it on your profile to make your ads invisible – without deleting them! This way, you can leave with peace of mind; when you come back, you will just have to deactivate the vacation mode to publish your ads again and your business resumes. Please note that this mode can remain active for a maximum of 90 days: after that, Vinted will send a notification to warn you that the ads for the items concerned will be deleted…
How do I activate the vacation mode on the Vinted site?
Don’t take the risk of having a bad rating because you were unable to ship a package during your vacation, and activate the unavailable mode.
- Using your web browser, go to the Vinted site and log in to your account with your usual login and password.
- Click on your profile picture at the top right of the window.
- A drop-down menu entitled My Account will open. Click on My Settings.
- A new page appears. By default the Profile Details section loads. Click on Account Settings in the left column.
- The right side of the window changes. Click on the button next to Vacation Mode. When vacation mode is enabled, the button turns blue.
- Click the Save button at the bottom right of the window to confirm your decision.
- When you return, repeat the process and click on the Vacation Mode switch to deactivate it. Your items will be displayed again as available for sale.
How do I activate the vacation mode with the Vinted mobile application?
Like the website, the Vinted mobile app offers a vacation mode that makes your items invisible while you are away.
- Open the Vinted app and log in to your account with your usual credentials.
- Press the Profile icon at the bottom right.
- The Profile section will open. Tap Vacation Mode at the bottom of the list.
- The Vacation Mode screen will appear. Press the switch to the right of Hide My Items to activate it. It will turn blue. The effect is immediate and your items are invisible.
- When you return, repeat the process and click the Hide My Items switch to turn it off. Your items will be displayed again as available for sale.