Live video broadcast are definitely among the most popular online content among users. First introduced mainly on Twitch, they managed to establish themselves on other social networks, even more, popular and used. Among them, there are obviously YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook. For this reason, today we’re going to see just how to create “Live” within these services. Obviously, there will be no limit of followers or members, since anyone can start creating content of this type.
Broadcast live videos on YouTube
Let’s start with the online platform that is closest to Twitch in concept. On YouTube, it’s really easy to broadcast live videos and you can even schedule them to offer subscribers a sort of schedule to follow. So let’s see how to do it.
- Access the YouTube website from any web browser and enter your credentials (by clicking on “Login” at the top right)
- Continue with the “Create” button at the top right and then with “Broadcast Live”.
- Set your name and, if required, add your contact information
- Choose whether to start the live broadcast immediately or schedule it for later
- Set the webcam to be used (built-in or external)
- Allow the use of webcam and microphone
- Set a title for the live broadcast and privacy level
- Choose whether to offer content for children or not, possibly adding an age limit
- At this point, it will be possible to start the live broadcast correctly or to publish the notice of a live broadcast scheduled for a particular day at a particular time. If you want to start broadcasting live via Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, just click on the “+” icon at the bottom center and continue with “Broadcast live”.
Broadcast live video on Facebook
Facebook has instead a convenient button within the section dedicated to posts, with which you can access a page dedicated entirely to the creation and management of live broadcasts. Here you will be able to manage all comments live, reply to the most interesting ones, invite other users to participate in the live broadcast, and much more. Let’s see how to access it.
- Go to the Facebook website by clicking on this link
- Log in with your credentials
- Click on “Live Video” in the section dedicated to the creation of posts
- Choose the webcam and the microphone to use and, obviously, allow the browser to use them
- Invite, if necessary, other users to participate in the live broadcast
- Choose whether to proceed immediately with the live broadcast or schedule it for a later time
- Start the transmission
- In case you want to start from Android or iOS smartphones and tablets, just click on “Live” in the post creation section, allow the use of microphone and camera, and grant with “Start live video”.
Broadcast live video on Instagram
Finally, as far as Instagram is concerned, we must specify that unfortunately, it will only be possible to proceed from smartphones, as from computers you will only be able to see the live feeds but not create them. The startup process, however, will be quite simple and immediate.
- Open the Instagram app and log in with your credentials
- Click on the camera icon at the top left to access the content creation section
- From the options at the bottom (by default the “History” option is set), move the items to the right until you reach “Live”.
- Confirm the use of the camera and microphone
- Click on the middle button at the bottom to start the live broadcasting
Here you’ll obviously lack various advanced options, but you’ll still be able to interact with your audience by replying to comments or using filters and effects.