Instagram launches new tools to avoid one of its most common annoying thing: being Tagged or mentioned in contests that don’t interest you. So you can avoid it.
You see an Instagram notification and you come across another new mention on Instagram that doesn’t interest you at all from a friend who always does the same thing. Or even worse. You come across a mention in a hateful photo with cringe content. These are just a couple of examples of how to misuse Instagram’s mention features. There are also options that are there for Instagram Mention features like meeting people, giving credit to their creators or point out that they appear in a post, or even commenting on posts you have seen looks like. Facebook, the owner of Instagram, is up to date on how its social network of photos is used to bully, and that is why Instagram also has the most useful feature: Restricting who can tag or mention you on Instagram.
Avoid Tags on Instagram
Getting Tagged by unknown strangers can be a real pain on Instagram. Tagging you in photos in which something humiliating, People take advantage of this resource to get your followers, or simply to irritate you. But you can avoid tags like this:
- Click on your Profile Icon.
- Access the settings in the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click the Privacy section of the settings.
- Click on the Tags option.
- Here you can choose three different options on who can tag you in their post: everyone, people you Follow, or No one
- You can also keep the option to the manual, To choose whether or not you want to appear in a post with the option Approve tags manually.
After Implementing these steps and depending on the basis you have chosen, your account may or may not be Tagged to photos and videos by any other users. A good way to end all those Tags that you don’t want or need.
Avoid Mentions in Instagram
The same or worse is the unwanted mentions On Instagram. Many of them mention you in the comments of giveaways or some posts that have little or nothing to do with you. They are useful to get your attention in the comments of a post, but if you do not want this type of Mentions you can also manage it. The process is very similar to what is seen to avoid Instagram Tags.
- Click on your Profile Icon.
- Click on the three horizontal stripes in the upper right corner of the Instagram screen.
- Select Settings at the bottom.
- Now Click the Privacy.
- Select Mentions.
- Here you will see the three options to choose who can and who cannot mention you on Instagram. Choose any one option from everyone, people I follow or no one.
By Following the steps you would have already protected your Instagram account for certain mentions. In this way, you can avoid many of the Instagram notifications that do not lead you to anything other than promotions, conversations, or insults that do not interest you. Of course, you may also miss the good mentions if you disable this option so that no one can mention you anywhere on Instagram.
Although it is a good feature on Instagram, this method still seems a bit lame. And you can end up missing mentions or Tags that do interest you if you go too restrictive with these Features. After all, it is your own friends who mention you in contests that are raised on Instagram
If you find this Blog informational give a thumbs up emoji in the comments section and subscribe with your Email to receive useful information