WhatsApp’s double tick system is very useful for knowing that a message has been received and viewed by a receiver. But it can also be trouble in some cases. Fortunately, it’s easy to turn off double tick in WhatsApp.
Like other instant messaging apps, WhatsApp lets you know if a receiver has received and opened a message in WhatsApp that has been sent to them.
When a message is sent successfully, a small gray tick is displayed. When the message has been received successfully, but not yet viewed, two small gray ticks are displayed. Finally, when a message has been read successfully by a receiver, the two ticks turn blue.
you can easily turn off double ticks in WhatsApp settings.
It’s very simple and works on all versions of WhatsApp, on Android as on iOS.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- At the top right of the WhatsApp homepage, tap the three small dots.
- Then click Settings from the drop-down menu.
- The Settings section opens.
- Click Account. The Account section opens.
- select Privacy, the first item in the list. The Privacy section opens. It allows you to adjust various parameters related to the visibility of the WhatsApp profile and the activities of the user.
- Then turn off read receipts, by tapping the switch next to Read receipts. The switch turns gray color.
- To reactivate read receipts on WhatsApp, perform the same way and press the gray switch next to Read receipts. It turns green color when this option is active