Ever since the cloud became an integral part of desktop and mobile operating systems, all information regarding actions performed on devices are somehow stored, so you can get them back in case you need them. Specifically, today we’ll find out how to see uninstall apps on Android, iPhone, and iPad. So you will eventually be able to find the desired and previously used app again, even without remembering its name.
How to see uninstalled apps on Android
As you surely know, on Android you can install apps via two ways: the Google Play Store and APK files downloaded from the web browser. Therefore, we’ll see how to find apps in both the first and the second case.
How to see uninstalled apps on Android with APKs
Right after the installation of an app via APK, we usually proceed with the removal of the APK itself, so as to avoid unnecessarily taking up extra memory. However, if this file is still present on the device, you can search for it and install the removed application. To do so, you will just need to use a very simple free application.
- Download and install the app “App Backup Restore Transfer” by clicking on this link
- Open the same app and allow access to the memory in the warning that appears
- Go to the main menu by clicking on the icon with three horizontal lines in the top left corner
- Choose the item “Scan APK” and wait for the outcome of the scan
Here you will see all the APK files recognized and installed on your device. For each one of them, you can run the installation again, or remove it from the memory. Unfortunately, you won’t find all the APKs you removed yourself.
How to see uninstalled apps on Android from Google Play Store
On the other hand, as for the apps installed from the Google Play Store, the steps will be even simpler. You won’t need to download any additional services and you just need an Internet connection.
- Open the Google Play Store
- Go to the options menu by clicking on the profile icon in the upper right corner
- Continue to “My Apps and Games”.
- Navigate to the “Collection” section in the top right corner
Here all the apps downloaded using that particular Google account will appear. You’ll also see the “Install” button, which is very useful for downloading the desired app again. Clicking on the rightmost “X” icon will hide the app from the list of installed apps.
How to see uninstalled apps on iPhone and iPad
On the other hand, as far as iPhone and iPad are concerned, the only way to proceed with the installation of apps is through the App Store, so the only way to retrieve them will be within its settings. We remind you that the steps to follow will be the same on both iPhone and iPad and that, eventually, they will also be valid for the iPad touch.
- Open the “App Store” application on iPhone or iPad
- Click on the icon of your profile in the upper right corner
- Choose the item “Purchases
- Select “All” to view all apps downloaded with that particular Apple ID, or “Not on iPhone/iPad” to filter only those not currently installed on the device in question
A list of all the apps stored on the account will then appear at the bottom, along with a button with a cloud icon that is very useful for re-downloading the app without incurring any costs. Swiping from right to left will bring up the “Hide” button to make the service disappear from the screen. This can commonly be downloaded again through the App Store search.