Sometimes, some Instagram users create for other people randomly or to draw attention to the image, and you can also find your friends post the photos taken with them and refer to you without your permission. Mentions mean Tag, so your username is written by anyone on the story with the prefix @, that’s what the statement means. As for the tag, it is added in the image so that your username appears when you click once on the image published in the feed.
If you like privacy and you don’t want anyone to bother you with the sign or the sign, you can disable it or enable the creator only for those you follow to defeat the door in front of people who randomly refer to you to gain likes and market a product.
Instagram gives you all the options that will help you control the privacy of the content on your Instagram account, including the ability to disable the content and make it available only to people you follow, and the same goes for tagging you in images. Here’s how to do it.
How to disable mentions on Instagram
The process of disabling mentions on Instagram is very simple, you can do it in a few easy steps, as follows:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and then log in to your account If you haven’t done so yet. Go directly to your profile, then click on the option The three bars Located in the top corner to reveal the side menu (click on the three-dot option on the iPhone).
- In the menu that appears, click on Settings.
- Under the settings page, click on the Privacy section. Immediately after, click on the option “Mentions”.
You will be presented with three selection options, as follows:
- ”Everyone”: Activate Alchnin for all Instagram users (for all subscribers if your account is Of a private kind).
- ”People you follow”: Activate Mentions only for people you follow on Instagram.
- ”No one”: the mentions are forbidden to everyone.
The next time an Instagram user wants to Mention you in Story, they will never be able to.
How to prevent users from tagging themselves to you on Instagram
The sign is not the same as the sign mentioned above, the reference is when you are referenced in the image of the post and not in a story, so any user can click once on the image, and the tag will appear with the username of your account. I think you now know what Instagram tagging means.
- Go directly to the privacy settings by clicking on an option The three bars or Three dots Under your Profile section to reveal the sidebar. In the latter, click on “Settings”.
- Click on a “Privacy” section, then click on the “Tags” option. Like the top Motion options, you can select an option “People you follow”, Or Person “No one” if you want to disable mentions of you from any Instagram user.
There is an additional option that allows you to enable manual opt-in while tagging you in a photo on Instagram. For example, when someone mentions you in an image and posts it, the tag will not be visible to users until you opt-in. To enable these settings, click on the option “Manually Approve Tags”, then enable the button next to the same option and confirm it in the popup.
It’s done, now you can go back and use your Instagram account without worrying about being tagged in photos.
As you can see, Instagram gives you all the settings to stop the mentions and spam your account frequently receives.