Sometimes, you will be so concerned about privacy that you will want to hide the number of likes on your photos and the number of views in your videos on Instagram. However, other users can only see that the people who like them can be counted. If you insist on hiding Instagram likes, follow the instructions below.
How to hide the number of likes and views on your Instagram posts
You can do this via your account settings. If you have multiple accounts on your Instagram app, you will need to repeat the process for each account.
- To get started, open the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone device, then go to your Profile section. After that, click on the three-bar option that appears at the top to display the side menu.
- From the menu that appeared, select the Settings option
- Under the settings page, click on a Privacy option. After that, click on the Publications option “Posts”
- Finally, activate the button next to the Hide Like and View Counts option.
Now when someone sees your posts, they will not see the number of likes or views of the video. However, they can see a list of users who have liked or watched the video.
In case you reverse your decision and want to show the number of likes and views, you can go back to the same settings and disable the button next to the Hide Like and View Counts option.
How to hide the number of likes for specific posts on Instagram
You can also apply the settings to specific posts, so you can hide the number of likes for your profile photo, for example, while other photos will show the number of likes.
- Head directly to the post for which you want to hide the number of likes, and then click on the three-dot option next to the post.
- A menu will appear at the bottom that includes several options, including a Hide Like Count. Click on it.
the number of likes will never appear on your post again, but you can click on an Others word to display a list of all the people who like that image. If you are the owner of the account and display the list of fans, you will see the number of likes, while other users will never see the number of likes.
In addition, you can always show the number of likes on this post again, by clicking on the three dots next to the post again, and then select the option to unhide the number of likes “Unhide Like Count”.