It’s no secret that the Instagram web platform doesn’t allow you to post photos articles and stories unlike the Instagram app on the phone, only the web platform is made available to browse everything new in addition to the chat. However, if you have always used the Instagram network via a computer and want to publish photos and videos via the same device and without using the mobile application, there are ways to do so easily and simply.
This guide will present two simple ways to publish to Instagram from a computer, the first using the developer mode in the browser, and the second relying on the INSSIST Google Chrome extension.
How to post to Instagram from a computer
There are many ways to do this, regardless of the two methods mentioned above, such as publishing via Creator Studio or using an Android emulator to run an Instagram app on it, but it can be tedious with these methods. Therefore, we’re going to show you two very easy ways to do it, as mentioned above.
By placing the developer in Google Chrome.
The way is to use the phone version of Instagram on the browser, depending on the developer mode that allows you to open any website on the phone version, that is, on the basis that you opened it in your smartphone.
- Open a web browser on your computer, then go to instagram.com and log into your account.
- Once in your account on the browser, right-click anywhere that is empty, then select the option “Inspect”.
- By default, you will see the web page on the computer version if you have not previously changed it to the phone version. You can change it to the latter by clicking on the icon that looks like a phone and a tablet together. You can also press the keyboard shortcut for Ctrl + Shift + M.
- Once you have viewed the webpage on the mobile version of the browser, reload the Instagram webpage.
- Once the Instagram page reloads, the phone version of Instagram will appear. You will also notice an option to post photos, videos, and stories as if you were using the Instagram app on your smartphone. As we are used to, we can publish a new story by clicking on the + icon in the bottom bar, then a window will appear to select that photo or video on your computer.
- After that, you can adjust the image by moving or rotating it, and you can also add a filter to it as you do on the mobile app. Next, click on the “Previous Next” button.
- On the next page, select the text you want to include in the post as well as the ability to geotag and tag people. When the article is ready, click on the “Post Share” option at the top to have the article published directly.
Congratulations, the post on Instagram has been published to your computer very easily and without relying on any external software or anything like that.
By adding Google Chrome
This is another very easy way to use a Google Chrome extension called INSSIST. A safe add-on that uses the Instagram API to be able to access your account through its interface, which includes options to post photos and videos via a computer.
Keep in mind that you can also publish IGTV stories and videos, create statistics, etc.
- Open Google Chrome and access INSSIST via This link. After that, click on the Add to Chrome button “Add to Chrome” A small window will appear to confirm this action, click on the option to add the extension “Add extension”.
- After installing the extension, log in to the Instagram site, then log in to your account if you have not already done so.
- Once in your account, click on the Add INSSIST icon that appears at the top.
- Your account will open in a new tab as the mobile application version. You can click on the + at the bottom, then select the “Photo / Video” option. (As you can see in the options menu, you can publish a story, IGTV, Reels, schedule a publication, as well as the ability to publish multiple photos).
- A window will appear on your computer to select the photo or video you want to publish on Instagram. Select what you want to publish in the window and click the “Open” button.
- Now you can adjust the image or video according to your preferences, add a filter, and the extension also allows you to schedule the publication of the post and the possibility of adding other photos or videos to publish them in one post. Then, click on the Next button “Previous Next”.
- In the last step of the publishing process, you can include text with the post as well as geolocation and tagging of people in the post. Click the “Post Share” button to publish the post to Instagram.
Congratulations, the post has been published to your Instagram account, easily by a computer.
Note: you don’t have to worry about losing your account due to the use of this extension, it depends on the Instagram API so that you are connected to the Instagram network and this extension doesn’t get any data of your choice.
Adding photos and videos to Instagram from a computer
As you have seen, this is one of the easiest ways to allow you to post photos and videos to your Instagram account via a computer. In my personal opinion, I prefer to use INSIST because it has a good user interface and works instantly smoothly, and most importantly, it gives you additional options.
That’s not to say that the first method is bad, it’s also very cool like using the mobile app on the browser, and if you’re in a hurry to post a photo or video from the computer, you can open the developer and view the phone version to publish the post directly to your account, while if you want to post frequently, I recommend using a Google Chrome extension.