Sometimes, you need to go back and read your Instagram messages but what if you have previously deleted them, intentionally or by mistake? Despite this, you can still recover deleted Instagram messages via the application of one of the three methods we will discover in this guide, whether you are using Android or iPhone.
As we all know, Instagram is among the biggest Social Networks It is widely used in the digital arena and, although its main purpose is to share photos and videos for your daily life, it is also frequently used for instant chat. If you have lost your old Instagram messages and want to recover them, check out the methods below.
Is it possible to recover deleted Instagram messages?
Of course, you can recover deleted Instagram messages. The majority of users, when they want to recover very important deleted posts, resort to third-party apps or tools, which is wrong because it puts the account at risk. When you use it, you are sure to grant access to your account, which can easily steal and hack it and access your private data or something like that. Therefore, do not trust these applications.
The same goes for Recover deleted photos from your Instagram account.
Below, we will present two methods to recover deleted Instagram posts without using an external app.
Recover deleted Instagram posts via Instagram data
After deleting some Instagram posts, do you think they have been deleted from the network and become topical, of course not, because Instagram stores all your account data, including posts, on its servers. And you can download all your Instagram data to your device. This data includes your Instagram photos, videos, and messages, among others. Here are the steps to recover the messages.
- Open the Instagram app on your device and then Sign in to your account. Head straight to your profile section.
- Click on the three-bar option at the top and select a Settings option on the side menu that appeared.
- On the settings page, click on the Security section. In the Data and History section, click on a Download data option.
- Instead of using the Instagram application, you can also perform the same process via Instagram Site On the Web. Log in and sign in to your account, then go to the Download data page link.
- Enter your email in the field, and then click the Request Download button. Immediately after that, a box will appear for you to enter your account password, enter it and click the Next button.
We are done, the data has been requested, click the Done button “Done” at the bottom. Instagram will collect your data within 48 hours, and it will be sent to you on the email you entered in step five. After you receive the data file via email, download it, and then follow the steps below to read the deleted posts.
How to see deleted Instagram messages via an Instagram data file
Whether you’re using an Android or an iPhone, you’ll need to download and install the JSON Reader and Editor app.
You will find the Instagram data file in a zip file, so you need to unzip it “Extract”.
Enter the JSON Genie or JSON Pro application, then go to the Instagram data path “Instagram data”. Click on the Embedded messages.json file and you will find all your Instagram messages, including deleted messages, you will see all the message details such as date and time, sender, etc.
Recover deleted Instagram messages from the Facebook account associated with it
We also know that the Instagram network belongs to Facebook, so the two were related. Therefore, when Instagram messages are deleted and you want to recover them, you can access them on Facebook. Here are the steps to do so.
Before you start, keep in mind that this method works in case you have already linked your Facebook account to Instagram, otherwise you cannot access your data.
- Open your browser and head to Facebook On the web.
- Log in to the Facebook account associated with your Instagram account.
- Go to the “Inbox” tab on Facebook.
- Select the Instagram Direct section and you’ll find all your messages there.
As you have seen, these are the main and safe ways to recover your deleted and important messages on Instagram, whether it is on Android or iPhone, or the web as well, I hope this guide helps you enough, and if there is any query about it, feel free to ask it with the comments below.