We tell you how to save an Instagram post to gallery so you keep all your photos.
The most normal thing is that when you upload a photo to this social network it is already saved on your phone, even so, we tell you how to save an Instagram publication in the gallery in case, for example, you want to have it with the changes you have made: crop, filter, brightness, color adjustments, etc. from the application.
Keep in mind that when you post on this social network, you can do it directly from the application, taking the photo (or video) at the time, or from the gallery of your phone, where are the images that you have already registered previously. This will depend on your choice and the degree of spontaneity/foresight with which you run your social network. If you are not familiar with these concepts, we recommend that you start by reading these tips for beginners. If you are past that level, read on!
How To Save An Instagram Post To Gallery
To find out how to save an Instagram post to the gallery you’ll need to make some changes to your app’s settings. This way, all the images you post will be automatically saved on your phone with all the changes you have made, either in the app’s image editor, or in another external one you use for it. Let’s go step by step!
Enter the application and go to the main menu (the three lines that appear at the top right).
Once the drop-down menu opens, click on “Settings”, as shown in the following image:
On the next screen, click on “Account”. And once inside select “Original Publications”.
You will see that a new screen opens with three different options. To ensure that everything you post to your account is saved in your camera roll, leave all three checked.
- The first, “Save original posts”, means that when you take a photo directly from the posts section it will also be saved on your phone.
- The second one, “Save published photos”, is so that the images uploaded to the news section are automatically saved in your gallery as you have published them.
- And the last one, “Save published videos”, is exactly the same as the previous one, but with videos.
You already know how to save an Instagram post to the gallery, but what about the drafts you don’t get to publish? Read on!
How To Save An Instagram Draft In The Gallery
To know how to save an Instagram draft in gallery we first explain how to save a draft. This is a post that you are editing to upload to your profile but, for whatever reason, you have to leave it for later. What do you have to do so that it doesn’t get lost?
Important: the first thing to know is that if you do not make any changes to the image (such as adding a filter, as in the example below), the draft will not be saved. The explanation is simple: you already have the image exactly the same in your gallery.
If you make changes and click on the back arrow, the application will ask you in a pop-up window whether or not you want to save the image in the Drafts. Click yes.
When you enter the app again, and click on publish, two options will appear: publish from the gallery, or from the drafts (if this second option does not appear, you may not have saved them correctly or you may have to wait a few minutes for them to load). Once in drafts you can continue editing the images, publish them or delete them.
Instagram does not have, however, a function to save the drafts on your phone, unless you publish them, so the easiest trick for if, for example, you want to publish on another social network with Instagram filters, is to open the edited photo from the drafts and take a screenshot.
How To Save Instagram Stories To Gallery
Learning how to save Instagram Stories in the gallery is much simpler than in the case of drafts. The app itself gives you the option to download the videos, whether or not they are posted on your profile. Let’s take it one step at a time!
- Enter Instagram Stories and create your publication, either video or photo, that you make at the moment or that you have saved in the gallery.
- Before publishing, you can save your story by clicking on the download icon: the down arrow that you will find in the top menu of Instagram Stories.
- If you have already published the story and you want to save it later: go into the story, click on the three dots at the bottom right and in the drop-down menu that opens, click on “Save photo” (or video). And then your story will also be in your gallery!
How To Save An Instagram Reel In The Gallery
Finally, knowing how to save an Instagram reel in the gallery is as simple as saving a story; so if you have “passed” the previous point, you will have passed this one too. The way is almost identical, even so, we detail it point by point:
- Enter Instagram and select reels to create yours.
- Record it and click on “Preview”. On this screen you can see the result of your video and, as with the stories, you will see that on this screen there is a down arrow. If you click on it, the reel will be downloaded. It’s as simple as that!