Sometimes you want to see someone’s Instagram story without them knowing, you don’t want your name to show up in their story watch list. While there’s no official option that allows you to see someone’s Instagram anonymously, there is a trick to doing so
See someone’s Instagram story without them knowing on Android
The trick is to disconnect from the Internet on the phone before seeing the story of that person because it must be downloaded in advance before disconnecting. Of course, in order not to send actions to the Instagram server when reconnecting to the Internet, you must first delete the data from the application.
- Open the Instagram app and then log in to your account if you haven’t already. Log in to the profile of the person whose story you want to see, then wait a minute or two for that story to pre-load.
- Turn on Airplane Mode on your Android phone to disconnect the internet on it.
- When you enable Airplane Mode on your phone, any action you take on Instagram will be cached in your phone and will never connect to Instagram servers. Now you can see the story of this person on Instagram, it will certainly appear because it was already pre-loaded, so you can see it in offline mode.
- After seeing Story, do not reconnect to the Internet on your phone, because we need to delete the data from the Instagram app on your phone first. If you reconnect to the internet without clearing the app data, it will connect to the cache and send all the activity to Instagram servers, and thus it will appear in that person’s story watch list. so our current step is to clear the app data.
Note: Keep in mind that after deleting the app, and then opening it again, you will need to log back into your account.
Hold your finger down on the Instagram app icon, then select the “App info” option on the small menu that appeared. Alternatively, head to Settings> Apps> Manage apps (on some phones only)> tap Instagram.
Tap on the option “Clear data” a small window will appear. Click on “Clear all data“. If a window appears to confirm this action, click “Ok“.
Through this process, all actions you performed in offline mode have been deleted. Now you can activate Airplane Mode, then open the Instagram app and log in to an account. Instagram will try to get the data stored in the cache and will not find it, so your name will not appear in the story watch list you saw.
See someone’s Instagram story without them knowing on iPhone
You can do almost the same process on the iPhone, but there are some restrictions because you need to delete the Instagram app and not use it for about 24 hours, that is, until the story expiration date you want to see. You can do this if you want to see that story anonymously.
This is an effective and successful method based on personal experience. So you don’t have to worry about seeing your name in the story watch list.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone and go to the profile of the person whose story you want to see.
- Wait a minute or two for it to pre-load your story.
- On the iPhone screen, swipe your finger from bottom to top or vice versa (depending on the type of iPhone) to bring up the Control Center screen. Activate Airplane Mode by clicking on the shortcut that includes the airplane icon.
- The Internet has been disconnected on the phone, you can now see this story without worrying about it.
- Now you need to uninstall the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Turn off the airplane mode on the iPhone again from the control center.
- Wait for 24 hours, then reinstall the Instagram app from the App Store.
- We are done, after 24 hours, your name will never appear in the story watch list, because it has expired.
There is no other solution than this on iPhone. It is necessary to delete and reinstall the application after 24 hours because the actions are saved in the cache of the application in a cloud via the App Store and can not be deleted. Regardless of this