Instagram is one of the most important and widely used social media platforms in the digital arena. However, sometimes the user feels that they don’t want to use their Instagram account, either because of its great distraction or their desire to leave the platform and use social network Other. You can permanently delete your Instagram account at any time.
Instagram gives you the choice to Temporarily deactivate the account Also if you want to come back to it one day, but your final decision is to permanently delete the account, continue with the steps below. Keep in mind that all your account data will be deleted from Instagram servers and you won’t be able to come back to it after that.
Table of Contents
How to permanently delete an Instagram account on the phone
You can delete an Instagram account from a computer or by phone, and we will need to open the Instagram help page in your browser. Find out the steps to do this on your Android phone. If you have an iPhone, the steps are pretty much the same and you can head to our previous guide on How to delete an Instagram account on iPhone.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone, then sign in to your Instagram account if you haven’t already.
- Go to your profile interface, then click on the three-bar option at the top to display the sidebar menu. In the latter, click on the Settings option “Setting” at the bottom.
- You will not find any direct option to delete the account in the application, so you have to click on the Help option in the settings. On the next page, click on Help Center.
- Immediately, the browser help page opens. Click on “Managing Your Account”.
- On the Managing Your Account page, click on the Delete Your Account option.
- On the next page, click on the “How do I delete my Instagram account” option.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the delete your account page option “Delete your account page”.An interface will appear for you to enter your account login details for deletion.
- Once logged in, a page will appear allowing you to specify the reason for deleting the account from the drop-down list. Select one of the options provided, then enter your account password. Finally, click the Delete [username] button.
How to permanently delete an Instagram account on a computer
There is no significant difference in the steps to delete the account between phone and computer because it is done through the browser. But here on the computer, we will shorten the path by entering a direct link to permanently delete the Instagram account. Follow the steps below.
- Open your computer and then enter any of the web browsers, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and other browsers.
- Enter the following URL link to permanently delete the account: Delete Account Page Link.
- Once logged in, you will be prompted to sign in to your Instagram account if you have not already done so on the browser.
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to the delete page. Select the reason for deleting the account under the drop-down options, then enter your account password in the box. Finally, click the Delete [username] button below.
When you complete these steps, your account will be deactivated and deleted, but you will still be able to restore it by logging in before 30 days are up, Once this period has passed, your account data will be permanently deleted from Instagram servers and you will never be able to recover it.
No option allows you to delete the final immediately, but you have to wait for 30 days and it will be done automatically, and of course, when you perform these steps, your account will never appear on the network because it will be completely disabled, and after the period the memo will be automatically deleted permanently from the Instagram network.