We like to share our daily life on Story Instagram however, not for Privacy Settings Available on the network, the user would have been very careful to share certain types of stories in his account. If you are concerned about privacy and want to hide stories from someone or specific people, you can do it in two different ways, the first is to Function as close friends and the second method is to choose to hide the story, which we will discover in this guide.
If you share a story with a list of close friends, everyone will know that this story is not available to everyone, but only with close friends, while people who are not available in the list of close friends will never know that you have created a story.
On the other hand, there is an option to hide a story from someone directly and without knowing it, unless they ask a common friend to confirm it, or using an external site or application if your type of account is public, and this is what we learned in our guide Previous about How to know if someone is hiding their Instagram Story from you.
Table of Contents
How to hide Instagram Stories from someone
If you want to hide your story from just one or two people and not many, you can simply do it via that person’s profile.
Simply log in to their profile and click on a Three Dots option At the top. A menu will appear, select a Hide your Story option and then in the pop-up window, click on Hide Option.
Longer, when you publish a story, it will no longer appear to that user. And in case you want to hide your story from the many people who follow you on Instagram, it is better to do it via the settings rather than entering each profile and repeat the process. Here’s how.
- Go to your profile section on Instagram, then click on the three-bar option at the top. In the side menu that appeared, click on “Settings”
- On the settings page, go to the “Privacy” section then click on the “Story” option.
- You will find a “Hide Story from” section, below is the number of people you have prevented from seeing your Instagram stories. If you have not hidden the story before, it will appear “0 People”. Click on it.
- Your list of followers will appear on Instagram, and you can select the circle next to any subscriber to hide your story from them. You can use the search rectangle at the top to make it easy to find the people you want to hide your Instagram stories from.
- Once you are done selecting, you can go back and post a story to your account. It will no longer appear to them.
In case you reverse your decision, you can go back to the same place at any time and uncheck any subscriber you want to make visible by Story again.
Who can see my Story?
As we know the user can control the privacy settings of their account, the type of account can be made public or private.
General Account This is the one that can be followed by anyone without the process of sending the request, and the messages and stories are visible to everyone unless they are hidden from specific people through the steps we explained above or via the Close Friends feature.
Private Account If you want to follow him, you have to send the request and wait for his owner to approve it, and the posts and stories are visible only if you follow him, but if he hides his story from you, it won’t appear to you even if you follow him.
Regardless of that, if someone bothers you with his frequent publications and stories