If you’re one of those people who think that any time in the past was better, check out how to share Instagram story memories!
Surely you’ve seen that many of your contacts on this social network post images from long ago, if you also want to know how to share Instagram stories memories, you’ve come to the ideal place.
Although Instagram stories only remain on your profile for 24 hours, they are saved in your account’s archive, so you can view them whenever you want and share them again with your followers. See how to do it yourself!
How To Share Instagram Story Memories
To find out how to share memories from Instagram stories, or regular posts, the most common way is to do it as follows:
- Log in to your profile and check the drop-down of the three lines at the top right.
- Select the “Archive” option, with a clock icon.
- A window will open with your latest stories, and below you will see the option “A day like today”, and “X years ago today”. Just below you have the “Share” option. If you click on it, the image will appear directly in your story, where you can edit it to make it prettier if you consider it necessary.
Why Can’t I Share Memories On Instagram?
You may have seen that, by default, a post appears to share and you may have wondered, why can’t you share memories on Instagram from another day or another moment. The answer is that you are not in the right place. To find out how to share memories from Instagram stories other than the ones the app suggests to you by default, read on!
- Log into your profile and go straight to your photo, as if you were going to create a story.
- Click on the “Create” option.
- On the next screen, at the bottom, you will see that there are several options; swiping to the right you will find a clock icon. Select it.
- One of your published stories or photos will appear and will specify, at the top, “x years ago”.
- To see more stories you posted on the same day, locate the two dice icon and click on it. Your stories from that day will appear in chronological order, from the most recent to the oldest.
- When you have decided which memory you want to share, tap the clock again, and that image will open in stories to post or edit if you prefer.
How To See All The Memories Of A Day On Instagram
To find out how to see all the memories of a day on Instagram and then decide which one to share, you have to go back to the previous step; that is, locate the drop-down of your profile (the three lines) and go back to “Archive”.
There, all your published stories will open up, and you’ll just have to scroll to the top to find the one you’re looking for. However, you will see that on that screen, in the center, there is a calendar icon: click there.
Then calendars for each month will open and, on some of the days, a small circle with an image will appear above the day. This means that you posted one or more stories on that day. By clicking on this image, the stories you published on that day will be played in order.
If you want to share it from there, click on the circle, when the story opens, select the three dots that appear at the bottom right accompanied by the word “More”; then several options will appear, among them “Share”: That’s it! By default it will appear with the date you uploaded it for the first time, you can delete it or leave it, that’s a matter of taste!