If you want to know how to share posts on Instagram Stories you’re in the right place – read on!
If instead of creating from scratch a story to post on your profile, what you want is to put one of your photos, we explain how to share posts on Instagram Stories. These publications, which disappear 24 hours after being published, are becoming increasingly popular on social networks. If you are one of the 500,000 users who upload stories every day on Instagram, and you want to grow your profile, you may need some ideas.
Posting an old photo of your profile in stories, for example, or announcing that you have made a new post in the application, maybe some of the reasons why you may be interested in knowing how to share posts in Instagram Stories. Take note!
Table of Contents
How to share posts on Instagram stories
- Log in to your Instagram profile and select the photo you want to share in your story.
- Locate the icon (at the bottom left of the photo) that is shaped like an airplane or an arrow.
- In the drop-down, at the top, the option “Add post to your story” appears. By clicking there, the photo will appear directly in your Instagram story.
- In addition to posting the photo, you can add some elements to make your story more beautiful.
- Once you have it ready, just hit “Send”.
To share someone else’s post, the process to follow is the same but entering the profile in question. Note that, in this case, you may not be able to share it for the reasons we tell you below.
I can’t share posts on Instagram stories
It may be that you try to publish content and you can’t share posts on Instagram stories. First of all, peace of mind, the main reasons are as follows:
- That the content you want to share is from a private account. If so, only the followers of that account can see the content, and it will not be visible publicly or privately on any other account.
- That the user in question has the option enabled so that their stories cannot be shared by other users.
- It may be that Instagram has “censored” this option because you have violated one of its policies. If so, the app itself will warn you of the error.
- To share content from private accounts or accounts that do not have this option enabled, you can always resort to making a screenshot and publish it as if it were a photo on your account. Even so, we do not recommend you do this without the permission of the other person. If they have decided they don’t want others to share their content, it’s best to respect that, don’t you think?
How to share someone else’s story on Instagram
If while browsing this social network you see content that someone you know might like, we tell you how to share someone else’s story on Instagram in three simple steps:
- Enter the story you want to share.
- Locate the same icon for sharing a publication (the little felchita or airplane).
- In the following drop-down menu, your contact list will appear and you only have to click on “Send” on the contact you want to send the story to.
If you want that content to appear in your own story, you should know that you can only do so if that other account has mentioned you. Then the application itself will notify you of that mention and will give you the option to share it in your Instagram Stories.
How to share a video on Instagram stories and have it playback
If you want to share a video on Instagram Stories from another account, the process is almost identical to the previous ones, you just have to open the IGTV video you want to publish, and hit the Instagram airplane icon. Then you can share it in your story, as we explained above.
If, on the other hand, you want to share a video from your phone gallery, click on your profile picture to create a story, and at the bottom left you will see the shortcut to your gallery (you can see it in the image above), so you can select the video you prefer. If the video is longer than 15 seconds, you will be able to post several shorter videos in a row, so that the complete content appears.
Finally, if you want a video from another profile to be played on your Instagram Stories but in its entirety, you will have to download that video beforehand, so you can follow the process explained above and publish it in several parts from your gallery. See here how to do it and you will have all the keys to know how to share posts in Instagram Stories.