How many times have you wanted to listen to music or watch a movie during a trip with your friend, but the surrounding noises created an unbearable disturbance? This is a very common problem that, however, can be easily solved. In fact, in case you both have a pair of Bluetooth headphones, you can easily connect them to the device of your interest, being able to playback the audio of multimedia contents without any problems, simultaneously. To find out the procedure, which varies depending on the device you use, you just have to read our article where we explain how you can connect both Bluetooth headsets
What you need to connect both Bluetooth headsets
Before proceeding and showing you what are the different procedures to follow to connect both Bluetooth headsets, you have to pay attention to some aspects to use the devices correctly.
In fact, it is good to know that to connect multiple Bluetooth headphones and play multimedia content on both of them at the same time, the device from which you start the audio must be equipped with at least Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity chip. Also, it would be better if the Bluetooth headphones are also equipped with the Bluetooth 5.0 chip, for compatibility issues.
Connecting both Bluetooth headsets
The procedure to connect both Bluetooth headphones varies depending on the device you are using. However, whether it is a smartphone or a computer, by following the steps we will list, you will not have any difficulty and will succeed in your intention in no time.
Connecting a Bluetooth headset to an Android device is a simple task that requires just a few steps. The only thing you have to check is the Android version (which must be at least 8.0) and the presence of the Bluetooth 5.0 chip. Once you have done these simple verifications, all you’ll have to do is:
- Set your headset in pairing mode (usually just hold down the power button for a few seconds)
- Open your smartphone’s Settings and go to Bluetooth (enable it if necessary)
- Locate the name of the first pair of headphones to be paired and press on it to pair them with the smartphone (then repeat the procedure for the second pair of headphones)
At this point, all you’ll have to do is simply enable simultaneous playback on both Bluetooth headphones.
- Open the smartphone’s Settings
- Go to Audio and tick off the headphones you want to use in the Play media section on
If you use a Samsung device, you can use a built-in feature of the operating system, namely Dual Audio:
- Open the Settings of your smartphone
- Go to Bluetooth and click on the three-dot icon in the top right corner
- Then click on Dual Audio, activate the function, and disable volume synchronization.
If you’re using an Apple device, connecting both Bluetooth headphones is very simple, provided your smartphone is equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 technology (available from iPhone 8/iPhone X).
- Turn on your first pair of Bluetooth headsets and activate pairing mode
- Open the iPhone Settings
- Go to Bluetooth and enable it if necessary
- Locate the name of the headset and press on it to pair
- At this point, repeat the same steps regarding the second pair of headphones
All that remains for you to do is simply:
- Launch a multimedia content
- Press on the icon related to audio, in the shape of a triangle
- Select the headphones you intend to use
If you have carried out all the above steps correctly, the audio will playback on both Bluetooth headsets.
Connecting both Bluetooth headsets to a Windows PC is not a difficult task as long as you follow a few simple steps:
- Open the Windows 10 Settings
- Go to Devices (and make sure it is active)
- Then, click on Add Bluetooth or other device and select Bluetooth
- As soon as you find the first pair of headphones to connect, click on their name and wait for the connection (in case you are asked for a PIN, you should enter 0000, or consult the devices’ instructions)
- At this point, do the same for the other Bluetooth headset as well
After connecting both Bluetooth headsets, you can easily choose which device to listen to your PC audio from:
- In the bottom right corner, click on the Windows audio icon
- Within the small screen that opens, you can easily select the headset with which you’ll listen to the audio, by clicking on its device name
However, to play music on both headphones at the same time, you’ll have to resort to the use of third-party software, which doesn’t always guarantee that the audio will work properly. We recommend using Synchronous Audio Router, one of the most reliable software for this type of operation.
The procedure to follow using macOS, Apple’s operating system, does not differ much from the one just listed for Windows. In fact, you only need to follow a few simple steps and you’ll easily manage to connect both Bluetooth headsets.
- Click on the gear icon to open System Preferences
- Continue to Bluetooth (activate it if necessary)
- Locate the name of the first pair of headphones to be paired and click on it (enter the pin if necessary)
- Repeat the same procedure for the second pair of headsets
At this point, if, as mentioned earlier, your Apple home computer is equipped with Bluetooth 5.0, then connecting both headphones is a breeze.
- Start any multimedia content
- Click on the triangle icon
- Select the headset you want to use to listen to the audio
In case you have trouble connecting your headphones (perhaps due to a hardware issue), you could try taking advantage of a macOS feature that allows you to configure a multi-output device.
- Go to the Go menu, then to Utilities
- Next, go to Audio MIDI Configuration and click on the + icon at the bottom left.
- Next, click on Create device with multiple outputs and check the names of the Bluetooth headsets to be used
- Double-click on the newly created device and assign a name to it
- At this point, click on the volume icon and select the device you just created