Why am I not getting the verification code on Instagram and what can I do to fix it?
If I don’t receive the verification code on Instagram when I log in, what can I do? There are many reasons and simple solutions that we will tell you below.
Instagram is one of the most used mobile applications in the world, and its users spend an average of 53 minutes a day on the social network. For people who are “hooked” on posts and stories, a failed login can “spoil” those minutes of distraction. But, before giving you the solutions, let’s go through the main situations in which the app may ask you for a verification code:
- If you have just created your account for the first time the app will ask you to verify your email and phone.
- If you or someone else is trying to access the account from another mobile device or web browser that Instagram does not recognize.
- If you want to change your password to access your account.
- If you have not accessed your profile for a long time.
- If you had deactivated your profile and want to activate it again.
- If the social network itself considers that inappropriate or unusual activity is occurring from your account.
In these cases, you will be asked to enter a number that arrives in your email or phone but what happens if I do not receive the verification code on Instagram?
Why am I not receiving the Instagram security code?
There can be many reasons why the Instagram security code does not arrive and, when you read some of them, you will see that the explanation is much easier than you thought.
- The first thing you should do is check your spam folder, sometimes it’s as simple as that.
- Also, check that you have coverage on your phone and Internet connection.
- Make sure you have written your email correctly, haste can play tricks…
- Another option is that Instagram is collapsed: I’m not getting the verification code on Instagram because the app can’t handle the requests; either because there are too many at once, or because it’s a bug in the app. To rule this out, log into your Twitter account and type the hashtag “#instagramdown”, you’ll know right away if there’s a problem.
How to recover the security code on Instagram
If you have already checked all of the above without result, we tell you how to recover the security code on Instagram in other ways:
- First of all, patience, if it is a bug or crash in the application you may have to wait a few hours before posting beautiful stories on Instagram again.
- If trying several times without result the app has blocked you, you can try accessing from another browser or from the incognito browsing window.
- Maybe the problem comes from your phone: delete the app’s data and even try uninstalling it and installing it again, it may work.
- If none of these ideas worked, contact Instagram’s contact service. To do this, go to your profile, go to “settings”, select the “help” option and click on “report a problem”.
What is the SMS with the Instagram code?
The SMS with the Instagram code is required for two-step authentication when you log in. This is an option of the social network that aims to prevent phishing and fake accounts.
This does not mean that you will have to enter a code every time you log in, as this is an option that you can activate and deactivate from Instagram whenever you want. It is intended to keep your account secure and, in case you use it, a code will be sent to your cell phone via SMS.