If you care about what you post on your Instagram account you should make it special. When you create an Instagram account, it defaults to the public so that any user can access your account, see your photos and stories and follow you. On the other hand, if you make your Instagram account private, you can control who follows you and who can see your post, so no one can follow you without your approval.
This is a very important feature to keep your posts private and visible to specific people only. Moreover, there are many privacy features on Instagram, including hiding someone’s Instagram stories and advantage also Restrict someone so that they can’t see your posts despite you. Without further ado, here’s how to make your Instagram account type special.
How to make your Instagram account private via the app
First of all, before you start, keep in mind that if your account is of the business type, you can’t make it private, because you have to transfer it to a personal account first to make it private. You can make it a personal account from the account settings, you will find an option under its name Switch Account Type.
The steps to create a private Instagram account are very similar to the Instagram app on Android and iPhone. Here’s how.
- Open the Instagram app on your device and then Login In your account if you haven’t already.
- Go to your Profile section by clicking on the avatar at the bottom. Click on an option The three bars (Three dots for iPhone) on the top to reveal the side menu. Through this, click on Settings.
- Under Settings, click on Privacy Option.
- In the Account Privacy section, activate the button next to the Private Account option. A window will appear informing you that only subscribers can see your photos and videos. Click on the “Switch to Private” button
Done, your Instagram account type has been set to private. However, if you want to switch back to a year, go to the same place and disable the button next to the private account option, then confirm that in the pop-up window.
How to make your Instagram account private from the computer
If you are a computer user of Instagram, here are the steps to make your account private on the web.
- Open a web browser on your device, then type in Instagram Site and log in to your account.
- Go to your Profile section, then click on Gear Icon Next to the Edit Profile option.
- A window will appear that includes a set of options. Click on a Privacy and Security option.
- In the Account Privacy section, you will find a Private Account option. Check the box next to it.
That’s it, now your account is private because your messages, except for your subscribers, are not accessible to all users. In case you want to make your account public again. What you need will return to the same option, then remove the selection from the box.