Since you’re an Instagram user It’s natural that you’ve sent follow requests that are still pending, meaning they haven’t been accepted or rejected. Out of curiosity, you may want to look at the previously sent follow requests on Instagram and see who hasn’t accepted your request. You can also delete any requests you’ve subsequently submitted if you wish.
How to find out what follow requests you’ve sent on Instagram
- There’s no official option on Instagram that shows you sent follow requests, but you can view this via your account’s database file, specifically a file related to pending follow requests. Follow the steps below.
- First, we need to go into the account settings. Open the Instagram app and then Sign in to your account, then head to your profile section and click on the three-bar option at the top to bring up the side menu. In the latter, tap on the Settings option.
- Although it seems a bit strange, you need to click on a “Security” option to view access to the following requests you have sent.
- Under the Security page, scroll down and under the Data and History section, click on the Access Data option.
- You will be presented with many options including information about your Instagram account and profile, contacts, activities. Scroll down to a Connections section “Connections” then click on a Current follow requests option.
- On the next page, you’ll see a list of pending follow requests you’ve previously sent. The exact username will appear to anyone you have sent a follow-up request to and it is pending until now. You can click on a “View More” button to expand the list.
As you can see, in the image above, there are many pending follow-up requests so far, this means that they did not accept my request and did not delete it. Also, I noticed that you can’t click on the usernames when viewing the list, they are basically just text. Therefore, to delete the tracking request, you need to copy the username, then type it into the search field to enter that profile and delete the tracking request.
View a list of follow requests you have sent over the web
You can also view a list of pending tracking requests on the web. If you want to delete pending tracking requests, I think it’s easier on the web than on the mobile app, as you can simply view the list of sent tracking requests in the tab, and then enter the profiles via another tab.
- Open your device’s web browser, then type in Instagram Site and log into your account.
- Go to your Profile section, then click on the gear icon that appears next to your username.
- A list of options will appear. Click on “Privacy and Security”.
- Scroll down to the Account Information section, then click on View Account Data.
- You will see many options that include data about your account in general. In the Communications section, click the “View All” button below, an option Current follow requests.
- Immediately, a list will be displayed that includes the names of users to whom the follow-up request was sent and has remained pending until now, meaning they have not accepted the request and have not deleted it. You can click a “View More” button to expand the list.
In order to delete these pending requests, it is easier compared to the mobile application. Copy the username, then open Instagram in another tab, enter that account and delete the request. To make the deal quick, enter the profile directly via the URL link, for example, I want to enter a profile with the following username: “thedigiitallife“. Simply, I will enter it directly via the following URL link: https://www.instagram.com/thedigiitallife/