Don’t know what DM stands for on Instagram and other abbreviations you’ve been written or seen in a post? Read on!
If you don’t know what DM on Instagram means, you probably haven’t been using the app for long or you’ve been a teenager for a few years… Because social networks are advancing by leaps and bounds, and so is the language used on them. In the age of rushing and social media, saving time has become commonplace.
Why read a news item if an Instagram or Twitter post sums it up? Why make a phone call if I can send a WhatsApp? Or, why write “oh my God” if I can just put, simply OMG and everyone understands me? Although that “everyone” is relative, as there are more and more abbreviations of this type that are not always easy to identify. So, let’s try to shed some light on this issue with some of the most common, and some a bit stranger, from Instagram and other social networks. Let’s get started!
What Does Dm Mean On Instagram
Knowing what DM means on Instagram is from the first of this social network. Come on, the basics. In its English translation, DM stands for Direct Message, that is, the private messages that you can send or receive on this social network.
- Example: My ex just sent me a DM, what does he want now?
What Does Collab Mean On Instagram
Yes, we’re already telling you that knowing English will help you understand what collab means in Instagram and other abbreviations. Collab comes from collaboration, collaboration in English, and is used to indicate that a published content is a collaboration between two parties. It can be, for example, a collaboration between an influencer and a brand, between two media, or, for example, a content produced between two creators.
- Example: I love X brand’s coffee #Collab
What Does Cnf Mean On Instagram
Knowing what cnf means on Instagram is a bit more far-fetched. Because of its similarity to the word “confession”, it could mean this in Spanish. But according to Urban Dictionary, it goes beyond that. CNF would mean “Currently Not Friends”, that is, that the friendship has been broken.
- Example: X has shared a photo of me without asking for my permission #CNF
What Opn Means On Instagram
It seems pretty consensual what opn means on Instagram, it would also come from English, from the abbreviation of “open”, open.
- Example: My heart is opn.
However, not to be confused with OP, another abbreviation that, depending on the context, can have three different meanings:
- Original Post: to indicate that a post is originally yours, for example if on Instagram you share a photo with a nice text like these, OP would indicate that this text is yours.
- Overpower: to say that someone is very good at what they do.
- Opinion: when, for example, you write about a current topic and you want to qualify, to avoid controversy, that it is a personal opinion.
What Does Vv Mean On Instagram
According to Wikipedia, the double v is the equivalent of the sad face emoji, so you know what vv means in Instagram: sadness, sadness, sadness…
- Example: I can’t go, my mother has punished me vv.
- In English it is also equivalent to “Very”, and the more v’s you put, the more “very” it translates to.
What Does Np Mean In Instagram
Knowing what NP means in Instagram is of the most simple and intuitive once again, if you know some English, as it is “No problem”: no problem.
- Sorry I’m late.
- NP, I just got out of the shower.
What J/K Means On Instagram.
If you see a post with these two letters and you want to know what J/K means on Instagram, it’s simple: just kidding; the English serve us again to indicate that something we have uploaded, whether it’s a photo, a story, or a reel, is joking.
- Example: Very angry with my friend for bringing me here by surprise, J/K.