The alarm clock plays a vital role in people’s day, especially if you care about your productivity. With the advent of smartphones, then, using an alarm clock has become an even easier and … smart! In fact, by setting an alarm clock on your smartphone, you can also change several useful parameters, including the ringtone. In this tutorial, we will focus on the Apple smartphone and we will show you a very simple procedure that will allow you to replace the boring default ringtones and wake up listening to your favorite song!
If you’re interested, then, in setting a song as your iPhone alarm clock ringtone, all you’ll have to do is simply follow our step-by-step directions.
Table of Contents
Before we proceed and show you how to set a song as your iPhone alarm clock ringtone, it’s good to provide you with all the necessary preliminary information, so that you know how to proceed smoothly and with a complete view of the procedure.
Firstly, I’ll let you know that, in order to set a song as your iPhone’s alarm clock ringtone, you need to have a subscription to Apple Music, the Cupertino company’s well-known music streaming service.
Moreover, you should know that, in addition to being able to download and set a song as an alarm clock ringtone via Apple Music, you can also purchase specially created ringtones for alarm clocks/calls from the iTunes Store, via the appropriate application available for iOS/iPadOS.
How to set a song as iPhone alarm ringtone
So, to set a song as your iPhone alarm ringtone, you will first need to add the song you are interested into your Apple Music library:
- Open the Music app on your iPhone
- Press on Search, located in the lower right corner and, in the search bar, type the title of the song
- Next, press on the three dots icon, then on Add to library
At this point, you can set the song as your ringtone:
- Open the Clock app on your iPhone
- Navigate to the section dedicated to alarms, by pressing on the appropriate item at the bottom
- Choose an existing alarm clock by pressing on it or, to create a new one, press on the + icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- In the next screen, click on Sound
- In the Songs section, press on Choose a song
- Continue on Songs and, once you find the song of your interest, press on it to set it as a ringtone