Do you want to make stories with this effect that is trending? See how to do it on Instagram or TikTok
Surely you’ve already noticed this effect or filter that is running through Instagram Stories like wildfire. It thins the face and greatly enlarges the eyes – it turns you into a Disney or Pixar character! But the best thing is that not only does it do it in photos, but also in real-time: in the video. Well, if you want to know how to use this Disney character filter that is triumphing on Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok, read on.
To the surprise of many social network users, this filter arrives directly through Snapchat. It’s called Cartoon 3D and has little or nothing to do with Pixar or Disney. It is the creation of a snap chatter who has put his knowledge and creativity in pursuit of the creation of a really successful effect. So much so that it has conquered the users of other more common social networks in Spain, such as Instagram or TikTok, to use it and take it to them.
The filter has triumphed globally to the point of already adding more than 1,700 million views through the contents that more than 215 million people have created with this lens. It is unstoppable. And it is not surprising to see the quality of the results, completely changing our face even if we move, sing, gesture, and so on. Being a Disney prince or princess is now in anyone’s hands.
To use the Cartoon 3D lens you just have to download Snapchat, create a user account if you do not already have one, and look at the carousel of lenses that arrive by default. And this mask is already available in this carousel. Another more direct option is to click on this link to go directly to the lens and take your photo or record your videos with an animated movie character face.
How to use the Disney character effect on Instagram
If you are not familiar with Snapchat, you may have trouble creating your own content like photos and videos. But it’s very simple to then take them to Instagram, where your followers will see it. You’ll just need to follow these simple steps:
Use Snapchat to create the content:
You must be a user of the Snapchat social network to be able to apply the Cartoon 3D filter directly on your face. You don’t need to be involved in the app. But you will need to create a user account as soon as you download the app from the Google Play Store or the App Store. You can use your Google account to speed up the process. Then go to the effects carousel by pressing once on the screen or click on this link to access directly to Cartoon 3D. If your mobile is compatible you will see the effect applied in real-time on your face. Now all you have to do is press the shutter button to take photos or keep pressing it to record a video.
Download the content to your mobile:
once you have taken the photo or recorded the video, Snapchat will allow you to review the result, as well as add other elements and effects. Well, next to all these options, at the bottom, you will see the option to download. Click to save a copy of the photo or video in your mobile memory.
Publish the content on Instagram:
And now you’re done. Now that you have the photo or video in your mobile’s gallery, all that’s left is to publish it on Instagram as usual. As if it were a photo or video previously recorded with the mobile camera. You can take it to Instagram Stories, Reels, or your feed. You simply have to choose where and publish it. Just remember that you will have different Instagram editing options to give an extra touch to the result. And ready to publish.
How to use the cartoon 3d effect in tiktok
In case you want to take the leap and create more elaborate content for your TikTok videos but with the Snapchat mask effect, things get a little more complicated. But not much more. You will simply have to record the video beforehand and then develop your editing skills. We explain it step by step.
- The first thing is to download Snapchat if you don’t have it and create an account within the app to use its lenses and create content.
- Now record the video you want to use with the Cartoon 3D lens. Prepare it if it is part of a more complete sketch and record the necessary scenes with this lens.
- Download each scene you record with the Save option that appears at the end of the video within Snapchat. With that, you will already have it in your mobile’s gallery.
- Now open TikTok and click on the + button to create new content. Of course, you will have to have all the scenes of the sketch ready and pre-recorded. This way you will only have to click on the Upload option and choose all the video clips downloaded and created for the occasion.
- And now it’s time to edit. Shorten each shot, place it in its place in the timeline and apply effects or whatever you need. With this, you will have created a TikTok video composed of several scenes or shots, in which some or all of them will be the Snapchat mask or lens.
- With this, all that’s left is to apply the effects you need, finish the video and publish it. And that’s it. You will have taken the 3D Cartoon effect to a more or less elaborate TikTok content.
Thanks to this option the only limit will be your creativity, and you will be able to take advantage of the Snapchat effect to create content on TikTok. Of course, as you can see, the process is a bit more elaborate, so it is advisable to plan it well. Do not hesitate to write notes about each scene and record them individually. This way everything will be more orderly and you will be able to assemble the final puzzle that will be your TikTok video in a more comfortable way.
Now you have all the keys to get the most out of the Cartoon 3D lens and be a real Pixar or Disney character in your own social networks. The only problem is that it all depends on Snapchat. So get used to using it to take advantage of resources like these lenses. It’s worth keeping the app on your phone for things like this, even if you don’t post anything on it.