Learn how to program automatic shutdown in Windows 11. Do you want to set up a schedule in which your Windows 11-based computer shuts down automatically? With our tutorial you will be able to do it easily and quickly
Let’s see how to configure the automatic shutdown of Windows 11, so you can decide at what time your computer based on Microsoft’s new operating system turns itself off. Windows 11 does not offer a native option to schedule its automatic shutdown, so here we offer you a specific tool to automate several actions, among them, the automatic shutdown of the system.
Automatic shutdown in Windows 11: how to program it
Thanks to this tool you will be able to configure the automatic shutdown of Windows 11 the way you want, choosing any hour of the day (both day and night) and even the days of the week that you consider, for weeks or months. And although the configuration can be somewhat cumbersome, thanks to our tutorial we will show you how to do it easily step by step.
How to schedule the automatic shutdown of Windows 11
Follow the steps below to schedule the automatic shutdown of Windows 11:
- The first step is to open the Windows 11 start menu.
- Now start typing the word Scheduler so that Windows will show suggestions of apps related to that word.
- Now click on the Task Scheduler application to access the tool.
- The Task Scheduler application will open; now click on the Create basic task option to start scheduling the automatic shutdown.
- A window will open that will guide you through the different steps of the scheduling through the Next button; the first thing you have to do is to name and describe the task as Auto Shutdown.
- The next step is to choose when you want the task to repeat, i.e. the automatic shutdown; choose the periods you want it to shut down automatically, either Daily, only once, once a week or once a month. Whatever you consider.
- In the next step you will be able to choose the time you want the computer to shut down automatically, as well as the date, the days you want the action to be repeated, and so on.
- Now you will have to determine the action you want the computer to perform at the times you have programmed; select the Start program option and click Next.
- Now you will have to choose the program that you want to execute, or what is the same, the Windows shutdown itself. Click on Browse to open Windows Explorer and search for the program.
- When the file explorer opens, navigate to the address C:Windows System32. Copy and paste that address into the top bar of the file explorer.
- Once inside double click on the shutdown.exe application to select it.
- You will return to the previous screen with everything configured; make sure that in the bar it appears C:Windows System32 shutdown.exe. Click Next to confirm.
- You will arrive at the last step of confirmation so that you can check that everything is correct; click on Finish to finish configuring the automatic shutdown of Windows 11.
Now you know how to configure the automatic shutdown of Windows 11. From this moment and while you maintain this tool active, your PC based on Windows 11 will shut down automatically in the schedules that you have determined.