Tinder does not have an option to change the age of your profile, but here we tell you to step by step how you can do it easily.
Are you tired of having to explain that your age is wrong on your Tinder profile? It is a recurring problem: a mistake when you created your Facebook account and associated it with Tinder, or confusion at the time of registering on this dating app and it’s done. An age that does not correspond to reality and that you have to detail in the Tinder description. Well, if you want to know how to change my age on Tinder in this article we tell you the steps you should take.
can I change my age on Tinder?
The short answer is no. Your name and age are the only information that Tinder does not allow you to change once you have created your profile. And it seems that the company wants to tie some ends between profile and real user to commit to the information offered in this application. Or, at least, give continuity to data that generally do not change often.
The name, if it is not a nickname, little or nothing should change over time. And something similar happens with age. Unless you want to lie about your real age, of course. This figure is increasing year by year, with no change in the pattern. That is why Tinder understands that the information in these two cases should not be able be modified.
However, there is a long answer. It is possible to change the age on Tinder, although the process is neither short nor fast. Here we explain it to you.
How can I change my age on Tinder?
Tinder itself indicates the steps to follow in this case. That yes, you need to know that you are going to delete your current Tinder account, and that entails certain extra losses. Namely:
- You will lose matches and messages: none of your matches will remain active when you delete your account. Along with your profile information, matches and all the content you have shared with them will also be deleted.
- Purchases: in Tinder, you can pay money to get some extra features. From Super Like to boost or even undo a swipe. Well, these intangible goods are associated with your account and will disappear with it. So keep this in mind before you take these steps or change your account so as not to lose the money invested.
- Tinder subscription: another of Tinder’s paid services would disappear. That’s why you need to link this payment to the new account. Here you have the information to restore your subscription from the new Tinder account you have created.
Taking all this into account, it is recommended that you do not delete your account until you have consumed all the purchases made. In the same way, let your matches know that the account will be deleted and the chats and links will be lost, in case you want to switch to applications such as WhatsApp. And now you are ready to change my age on Tinder.
Follow these steps
- Open the Tinder app as usual.
- Tap the profile icon to access your details.
- Go to the Settings menu where the different options related to your Tinder profile are located.
- Scroll down and tap Delete Account. This will delete all your profile information.
- Create a new account with the correct age.
From this point on, you will be back to normal on Tinder, except that you will have updated all the data you need. So you will have changed your age on Tinder to make it visible correctly. A somewhat laborious process for all that it implies, but it allows you to show yourself to other users as you are. Or, at least, with the age you prefer to show.