Find out how to change Whatsapp number without deleting conversations. The traditional method that many users rely on is Delete WhatsApp account, then create an account with a new number. But this way, you will lose the conversations you have already made. Fortunately, you can now change your WhatsApp number without deleting any conversations, easily. You can also inform other people in the conversations that you have updated your WhatsApp number.
Well, in this guide, we will learn how to change WhatsApp numbers without deleting conversations, but before that, you need to make sure that the new number to be used in WhatsApp is active, because you may receive an SMS for activation.
This process applies to the change of WhatsApp number without changing the phone. In case you have changed your smartphone with the number, you need to make a backup of your conversations on your old phone, and then install WhatsApp on your new phone. Finally, you can restore the conversations on your new phone before following the next steps to change the WhatsApp number.
Change WhatsApp number without deleting conversations
- Open the Whatsapp app on your Android or iPhone device. Click on Three dots at the top, then select a Settings option. On an iPhone, you can tap on the Settings option in the bottom bar.
- Under the settings page, click on the Account section, then select a Change number option.
- On the next page, click on Next option “Next” at the bottom. After that, enter the WhatsApp number you are currently using in the first field, then enter the new number you want to assign to your WhatsApp in the second field. Click on the Next button “Next”.
- In the next step, you can notify users that you have changed the number by activating the button next to the “Notify contacts” option, then select the person you want to notify, whether it’s all contacts, people you have conversations with or just specific people. Click the Done button.
- A few seconds will appear and an SMS will be sent to the new number, including the activation code that you need to enter in the field. If you use the new number on the same phone you use WhatsApp, it will be activated automatically as soon as you receive an SMS.
This way, the conversations will not be deleted and everything will remain the same except for the phone number which will be changed.