Find out how to unmute Whatsapp statuses on iPhone. Many people today rely heavily on cell phones, as with these they can communicate with anyone and entertain themselves. In order to communicate, they can use any social network, it can be Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp. One thing that stands out in all of these are people’s posts. However, in WhatsApp, there is the prominent feature of statuses.
It may be that some user was uploading things that annoyed you and you had to mute it, but you already wish it wasn’t muted. If you don’t know how to unmute statuses, right now we are going to explain how to do it from an iPhone mobile. In addition to just being able to mute statuses, there are many other privacy options that you can configure.
What is the procedure to unmute statuses on WhatsApp if you have an iPhone?
It is very common that if you are new to using the WhatsApp app you do not know how to use all the features it contains. It becomes a little more complicated if it is an iPhone, since these work very differently from Android phones. To achieve your goal, just follow the steps below:
- Search for the WhatsApp app and open it.
- Once you are inside the app, proceed to go to the part where the statuses are located.
- Now, the next thing you have to do is to travel to the bottom, which is where all the muted statuses are located.
- Choose which will be the status of the person you want to unmute and leave it pressed for about 2 seconds.
- When you do this, you will see a box with 2 options. One allows you to cancel the action you are about to perform and the other allows you to unmute that status.
Once you have unmuted that status, you will be able to enjoy that person’s statuses again without having to scroll down to the muted statuses.
How to unmute statuses from WhatsApp Web?
Since the release of the WhatsApp Web platform feature, there are a large number of users who use it from the PC, as it is more convenient for them. However, this version of WhatsApp is limited in many ways. For example, you cannot add any contacts to your list from there. Besides that, if you want to upload a status, it will be impossible, since it does not have this function available.
In the case of statuses, it will not be possible to unmute any status either. Within WhatsApp Web there are no muted statuses. Therefore, you will not be able to mute any status or unmute any status that is on your mobile. The only way to unmute a WhatsApp status is from the app on the mobile.
One of the things that do make WhatsApp Web attractive is that from here you can customize its appearance and change the light mode to dark mode.
What other features can you mute in WhatsApp and how to do it?
As in all messaging apps, in WhatsApp there are options to mute some functions that may bother us too much if we are busy. One of the things that can be muted are the statuses. However, these are not the only ones that can be muted, as there are also two other things. These are messages that come from any group and also those that come from a chat.
Messages from a group
When you are a busy person social life tends to fall by the wayside a bit. It may be that at school or a group of friends add us to a WhatsApp group from which we do not want or can not leave, but we do not want to be bothered every time. Therefore, the best option is to mute it.
If you want to know how to mute the messages that arrive from a WhatsApp group, right now we are going to show you the steps of the process:
- Locate the WhatsApp app in the application menu.
- Now press to open it.
- Find the group chat you want to mute messages from, but don’t open it.
- Instead of opening it, you have to leave it pressed to get the options on it.
- There will be an icon in the shape of a horn with a diagonal line in the middle, you have to press it.
- When you do all this, the messages that arrive from that group will be silenced and you will not receive notifications about it. In addition to only mute messages within the WhatsApp app, you can also hide the notifications if you have iPhone so that they do not bother you.
Chatting with a contact
You might be doing homework or in the middle of something important at work and you don’t want notifications coming to your phone to distract you. In such cases, the best thing you can do is to mute the messages from that specific chat. In order for you to achieve this, here is a step-by-step explanation of the process:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your mobile.
- Then, look for the chat of the person you want to mute notifications.
- Instead of opening the chat, you have to leave it pressed for a few seconds and you will get several configuration options.
- One of these has an icon in the shape of a horn with a diagonal line in the middle. You have to press this icon and the chat will be muted.
- The above processes can be applied both on Android mobiles as well as iOS mobiles, since the WhatsApp app on both systems does not have many differences.