When you enter the profile of a WhatsApp group it is very common to have a description, you could even consider it as a welcome message in WhatsApp.
If you liked the description and want to copy it, you just have to hold it down for a few seconds and that’s it, don’t worry if you think this affects it, since only administrators can modify the description. That is to say that a normal user can copy but not modify it.
What points to consider when copying the description of a WhatsApp group?
The points to consider when copying a description that we have liked is that it is not directed to any particular person, remember that the description of a WhatsApp group often refers to the theme of the group.
You can accidentally modify the group description
In case you want to copy the description of a WhatsApp chat, it is important to keep in mind that you must do it very carefully because if you do not select the description in the right way it can be modified or even accidentally deleted completely.
For this reason it is important that you use the tools that the same platform offers you, that is to say ‘Select All’ and then click on the ‘Copy’ option in this way you can avoid accidental modifications in your description.
Some symbols may not be copied correctly
When copying a description from a WhatsApp group, if it has some symbols or emojis, these may be copied incorrectly. It is important that before publishing it you modify it and add the missing characters and at the moment of sharing it on another social network there is no error.
How to add a description to a WhatsApp group.
Adding a description is very simple, for this the first thing you must do is log in to your WhatsApp account either from your mobile device or from the website, once there you just have to:
- Select the group you want to add the description to.
- Click on the profile.
- Just below the profile picture you will find the option ‘Description’, just click on it.
- Finally you only have to write the description you want to appear in your group and that’s it.
How to copy the description of a WhatsApp group?
If you want to copy the description of a WhatsApp group you just have to enter the chat from which you want to copy it and then follow the steps below:
- Select the section where the profile picture and the group name are located.
- Once the WhatsApp chat profile opens, you must scroll to the ‘Description’ option and click on it.
- On the screen you will see the description of the group, to copy it just hold it for a few seconds and then choose the ‘Select All’ option.
- Then just click on the ‘Copy’ option.
- Once you have copied the description you must click on the ‘Cancel’ option located at the bottom of the screen.
- The next thing you must do is to place yourself in the place where you want to paste the description, this can be inside or outside the App.
- Press and hold the screen or the bar where you want to paste the description and select the ‘Paste’ option and you are done.
What to do if you can’t copy the text of a WhatsApp group description?
If you have tried to copy the description of a WhatsApp group but have not been successful, the first thing you should do is make sure that the application has the latest version, it is important to keep in mind that these updates on the WhatsApp platform are those that allow the correct operation of certain functions.
Because it is important to add a description to a WhatsApp group.
The description in a WhatsApp group is a small review with which people can know the purpose or theme of the group in question, another use that many users often give to the description of a group chat is to set there important information for the members of the group, as it is easier to place it there than sending a message which can go to the background if the conversation in the chat is very fluid.
Adding a description to a WhatsApp group is very simple and you can do it by logging into your account from your mobile device or if you prefer using the version available for PC, for this you only need to activate WhatsApp web from your computer and that’s it.