Find out how to mute your Whatsapp notifications. When you receive a message on WhatsApp your device displays a notification, which will alert you of any message or call, in many occasions the sound of notifications becomes uncomfortable both for ourselves and for other people around us, for this reason this App allows its users the ability to mute notifications either from a chat or WhatsApp in general.
Muting WhatsApp notifications is very simple and you can do it in two different ways, the first alternative is to keep selected the chat you want to mute for a few seconds and you will see at the top of the screen the toolbar.
Just select the speaker icon and that’s it, the notifications of that chat will be disabled, remember that another alternative is to customize WhatsApp notifications in this way you can place the sound and volume you want.
What is the procedure to mute the notifications of your chats?
WhatsApp offers its users the possibility to mute the notifications of all chats in general or if you prefer a specific chat, this procedure can be done from your mobile device either Android or iPhone or from your computer by accessing WhatsApp Web.
Muting the notifications of a WhatsApp chat from an Android device is very simple, just follow these steps:
- Log in to your WhatsApp account.
- Select the contact or chat you want to mute.
- Once the conversation opens, just click on the contact’s name.
- You will be redirected to the user profile, just scroll down until you find the ‘Mute notifications’ option.
- Then you must click on the button located right next to the option.
- When you check it, a pop-up window will open where you can select how long you want to mute this chat, the options are 8 hours, 1 week or always.
- Finally you must select the option that best suits you and then click on ‘Ok’ and that’s it.
It is important to keep in mind that the procedure is very similar to the one performed from an Android, remember that this depends on the interface of the application but not the operating system of a mobile device.
The first thing to do is to log in to your WhatsApp account.
Once there, select the chat in which you want to mute notifications.
Then select the contact’s profile and scroll to the ‘Mute Notifications’ option.
Right here you can choose the time interval you want to mute notifications and then click Ok and that’s it.
From WhatsApp Web
Now if you want to perform this procedure from the computer version, you should know that you can do it in two ways, the first is the same that applies in the version for mobile devices, ie select the chat and go to the profile and there you will find the option to disable notifications, but you can also:
- Enter the chat you want to mute WhatsApp.
- Once there, select the three dots in the upper right corner.
- In the pop-up window that will open click on the section that says ‘Mute Notifications’.
- Then a pop-up window will open where you can select the time you want to mute notifications.
- Just choose the option you prefer and then click on the green button that says ‘Mute Notifications’ and you’re done.
How can you mute notifications on your entire WhatsApp?
In case you want to disable notifications in general, do not worry because there is also this alternative, for this you just need to enter the settings of your mobile device and from there mute the notifications you want.
In the Android application
- Go to the settings of your mobile device.
- Once there, swipe down until you find the ‘Notifications’ option and select it.
- The next thing you should do is swipe down until you find WhatsApp and tap on it to make the settings you want.
- On the screen you will see all the notifications available from the App, to disable them you just need to uncheck the first one that says ‘Show Notifications’.
- When you uncheck this option a message will appear on the screen that says ‘Notifications from this App are blocked’ and that’s it.
From your iOS device
- Enter the settings and scroll down.
- Select the WhatsApp option.
- Once selected tap on ‘Notifications’ and uncheck the button and you’re done.
With WhatsApp Web
- Log in to WhatsApp web from your PC.
- On the left side where the chats are located, select the ‘Menu’ section.
- In the pop-up window click on ‘Settings’.
- Then select ‘Notifications’.
- Finally just click on ‘Disable all Desktop Notifications’ and you’re done.
What are the steps to unmute your conversations?
In case you want to reverse the process and disable the silent mode of your WhatsApp chats it is very simple and you can perform this procedure from your mobile device or from your computer.
On your Android device
- Log in to your WhatsApp account.
- Select the chat in which you want to reset notifications.
- Select the user profile and scroll to the ‘Mute Notifications’ section.
- In the pop-up window tap ‘Show Notifications’ and you’re done.
- With your iOS mobile
- Log in to your WhatsApp account from your iOS device.
- Once there, select the chat you want to activate notifications.
- Then you just have to enter the contact’s profile and select the ‘Mute Notifications’ option.
- In the pop-up window you just have to check the ‘Show Notifications’ option and that’s it.
From WhatsApp Web
From the website, the procedure is very similar, just select the contact and click on the three dots in the upper right corner and click on ‘Disable Mute Notifications’ and that’s it.