Are you going on vacation and don’t want to keep track of your email or leave emails unanswered? Learn how to schedule an automatic reply in Gmail.
Since the Internet and smartphones came into our lives, it’s hard to disconnect even on vacation. Do you need to know how to schedule an automatic reply in Gmail on Android? Work emails keep coming to our phones, and it’s easy to end up feeling bad if we don’t answer them instantly. But the reality is that the need to disconnect from work is real, and fortunately, Gmail makes it easy for us.
Google’s email application has a feature that allows us to schedule an automatic reply telling your clients that you are on vacation. We show you how to do it.
Schedule a Gmail automatic reply from Android
You can schedule an automatic reply in Gmail directly from your Android phone. To do so, just follow these steps:
- Open the Gmail application on your mobile device.
- Click on the menu with three lines at the top left.
- At the bottom of the menu, go to Settings.
- If you have multiple accounts integrated on your phone, select the one for which you want to schedule the reply.
- In the General section, choose Auto-reply.
- Choose the date range in which you want this automatic reply to be sent. If you want to leave it indefinitely, you can leave the Last day section blank.
- Type the subject and message of the autoresponder you want to send.
- If you want this automatic reply to be sent only to your contacts, indicate this in the corresponding box.
- Click the Done button and the autoresponder will be programmed.
Set an automatic Gmail Reply from the PC
Even if you don’t want to be on your cell phone, it is easy to work on the computer when you are in the office. Therefore, if you want to leave the answer programmed before going on vacation, you also have the possibility to do it from your PC. The steps are very similar to those of the Android app, although we will explain them below so that you have no doubts:
- In your computer’s browser, go to the Gmail website and log in with your email and password.
- Enter the Settings by clicking on the wheel at the top right, next to your profile picture.
- Go to the General tab and scroll down to the Auto-reply section.
- Activate the Auto-Responder on the tab.
- Select the dates on which you want the automatic reply to be sent.
- Finally, write the message and the subject, and indicate if you want the message to be sent only to your contacts.
What if I have multiple Gmail accounts?
The Gmail application for Android allows you to have more than one account registered in the same application. This is ideal when you have a personal and a work email, or even when you have different emails for different sections of your company. But we are sorry to tell you that there is no way to generate an automatic reply for all your accounts at the same time.
Therefore, in case you want to disconnect from all your email accounts, you will have no choice but to repeat the process with each of them. A process that can be tedious if you have too many accounts, but it is not too complicated.
In addition, it has the advantage that in each of your accounts you can set a different message, or even change the date on which the automatic replies are sent. This will allow you, for example, to write a more informal message to tell your friends that you feel like disconnecting on vacation and a more formal one to let your customers know that you cannot attend them.