Not sure what it means to mention or tag on Instagram? Here in this article, we explain How to Tag on Instagram in detail
If there is a key function in Instagram that is to tag. And it is of little use to have friends and contacts without the possibility of showing their presence on your Instagram posts and videos. Although on Instagram this tagging function has many other uses and possibilities. Do you know how to tag on Instagram? Do you want to know all the information about it and how to get the most out of it? Then you have reached the right article. Here we tell you how to tag on Instagram step by step.
After the arrival of Instagram Stories.it was possible to mention or Tag the presence of friends in your photos and videos. Extremely valuable to appear to followers who actually don’t follow you yet follow your Friend.
With time and the advancement of Instagram, mentions are additionally valuable to republish content or make reposts. From giving a shoutout or stalk someone, to participate in Instagram contests, and, of course, being able to repost. But how to tag on Instagram correctly? Are there different ways to do it? What is it for? We will tell you about it in the sections below.
HOW TO TAG IN AN INSTAGRAM STORY
Tagging people have made more sense than ever on Instagram or on Instagram Stories. And it is the formula so that that you can republish the content on their own profile and get a shoutout. Do you know how to tag in an Instagram story? Follow these steps.
- The first step is to create an Instagram Story. Just go to Instagram Stories with the camera icon in the upper left corner. Here you can take a photo or video (keep pressing the record button) or you can upload an existing photo or video from your gallery.
- Now it’s time to edit the photo or video. Remember that you have options to apply text, Filters, stickers, drawings … Or you can leave the content without any of these elements.
- You have two options to tag on Instagram stories. One is to select text and write the symbol “@” and the username of those you want to tag or mention. Note that the suggestions at the bottom will help you find those accounts without having to spell their entire name correctly.
- choose the sticker options in stories and select @mention. With this option, you can only write the name of the Instagram accounts in the same way as before.
- Now it only remains to publish your Instagram Story so that the mentioned person will receive notification and he will have the possibility of sharing the same content on his own profile.
- If you receive a tag or mention on Instagram Stories you can go through the notification section (heart icon) to check who has tagged you in their story and you can review and share it if you want.
HOW TO TAG ON INSTAGRAM IN A COMMENT
Another way to tag on Instagram is the option to mention in a comment. You can mention your Instagram account or any other Instagram account, in a comment of another person. These mentions are used to get the attention of the person being tagged, although without Instagram Stories.
You can go to any posts or videos on Instagram and in the comments section, you could express what you like or dislike in a photo or video,
You can Tag on Instagram comments by using @ and the name of the account of who you want to attract attention. Post the comment when you’re done. Of course, keep in mind that the comment will be public and anyone can able to read your comment and see who you have mentioned.
With this, that person who you tagged in an Instagram comment will receive a notification through the heart icon to know that they have been mentioned in a comment.
If you find this Blog informational give a thumbs up in the comments section and subscribe with your Email to receive useful information