Use Gmail offline (without internet ) is possible, here is how you can activate this feature and access your emails even when you don’t have Internet
GMAIL OFFLINE: HOW DOES IT WORK?
This new function of Gmail allows anyone with a Gmail account to:
- Save your emails on your PC to be able to access them even without internet access (within the limit of 19GB)
- Prepare email that will be stored in “Outbox” until an internet connection is available (like Outlook)
To use this Gmail offline, once the function is activated, you just have to go to the computer and insert https://mail.google.com/ in the bar of Chrome address even when you do not have internet access.
HOW TO ACTIVATE GMAIL OFFLINE (WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION) AND START USING IT?
To activate the Gmail offline feature, you must go to your PC (the one you use most often if there are several), sign in with your account, then go to this address. (so you need the internet to activate this feature).
Of course, you cannot change your Gmail settings without internet access. If think that you can able to activate Gmail offline feature from your mobile Gmail application (Android or iOS), know that the app does not currently allow this feature because it would require too much storage space (up to 19GB).
Once you’re on the Gmail settings page dedicated to offline mode, all you have to do is check a box to activate the Offline feature, then choose and configure 3 options:
- The Place where you want Gmail to go back for Email Storage (D30, D7, Or up to 3 months of History) Offcourse Gmail will not store your Entire inbox on your PC
- The ability to download or display and not attachment during the offline mode
- The desired offline data storage method after when you log out of your Google account
Once when the Gmail Offline Mode is activated from your PC, Gmail will ask you what action that you want to take once you have finished using Gmail offline on your PC:
Keep data offline on my computer :
we recommend this option on your PC even if it is not a secure option.
The data stored on your device will not be deleted without your permission even when you sign out of your Google Account or change your password. To remove the account data from your device, Just turn off the offline messaging option and save changes.
Delete offline data from my Computer:
We recommend this option if you often change your PC and often access Gmail via offline mode
specifically when you reconnect to your Gmail account, you will have to resynchronize your data with your PC. It may take a few hours to resynchronize, during which time you may experience a slow connection in Gmail.
WARNING: GMAIL OFFLINE MODE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SHARED DEVICES!
The Gmail offline mode is not recommended for shared devices because emails are stored on this PC and Gmail login is enabled, any non-intentioned user could then use these data
HOW TO DEACTIVATE AND UNINSTALL GMAIL OFFLINE Mode?
Here’s how to Deactivate Gmail offline data stored on your Pc:
Step 1: delete all cookies on Chrome
- Open Google Chrome from the Pc and the account that uses this feature.
- Then delete all cookies on the browser by clicking on ” Clear data ”
Step 2: Turn off Gmail offline Mode
- In Gmail settings, go to the Offline section.
- Uncheck the option ” Activate offline messaging “.
And that’s it, your data will be now automatically deleted.
If you find this Article Useful Check Out Digiitallife for more Interesting and Useful Blogs