Nowadays there are a lot of formats for listening to music, and many of these formats are not compatible with any player, that’s why your best option is to save them in MP3 format. Here we are going to show you how to convert WMA files to MP3 on any device, so you can enjoy your music easily.
How can you change the format of your file from MAC?
There are several ways to transform a WMA file to MP3 on a MAC, you can do it through any reliable online converter, but if you want to have cleaner and completely safe results, the best thing to do is to download VLC Media Player.
This player also gives you a way to convert any audio or video format to another format. Once installed you only have to do the following to convert your file:
- You must open the program on your MAC.
- Within this you must click on the ‘file’ menu and within this click on the ‘Convert / Transmit’ option.
- Now drag the file you want to convert to the window you will see in the program, you can also load this file by clicking on ‘Open Media’.
- Choose the output format you want, in this case MP3. You can also choose the bit rate, frequency, channels among other options.
- Once you have configured everything you only have to click on ‘Save as file’ and choose where you want the new MP3 file to be saved in your MAC.
What is the best method to convert WMA files to MP3 on Windows?
In case you want to convert your WMA files to MP3 format on your Windows PC, you can do it without so many problems using programs that you usually already have installed. In this case, we are going to show you how to do it in a couple of ways.
One of the best alternatives is to use VLC Media Player for this type of situation. If you already know how to use it you may know that it allows you to convert for example a video to extract its audio in MP3, basically it is compatible with any format including WMA. To do this, open the player on your PC and do the following:
- Click on the ‘Media’ menu that you will see on the top toolbar.
- Then click on the ‘Convert’ option.
- A window will appear where you should click ‘Add’ and select the file you want to convert to MP3.
- Once you have added the file you want, click on the ‘Convert/Save’ button, which you will see at the bottom of the window.
- Another window will open where you will have to configure the output format and the conversion preferences, in your case use the MP3 format.
- Now choose where you want your new file to be saved and what it will be called.
- Finally click on ‘Start’ and wait for the process to complete.
- With Windows Media Player
- Another good option is to use the player Windows Media Player that comes predetermined in any PC, to be able to make this you must make sure that it is in its last version, if not you will have to update Windows Media Player.
As you already know this program creates WMA format files, since this is the format it uses by default, but what few people know is that it can also convert these files to MP3 files very easily, for this you must do the following:
- Inside the player create a new CD with the WMA files you want to transform.
- Now open this player again and click on ‘Tools’.
- Click on options and then on ‘Rip music’.
- You must click on ‘Format’ that you will see inside in the center of the tab.
- A drop-down box will appear in which you should select the MP3 format.
- Now click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- You have to indicate the location where you want the file to be saved.
- Click on ‘Accept’.
- Now the disk you created should be inserted into your computer.
- In the player click on ‘Copy’.
- Click on ‘Start ripping’ and ready your files will be copied in MP3 format on your PC.
What are the downloadable applications to use on the mobile and convert the file?
Now if you want to transform a WMA file to MP3 on a mobile you will need to do it with some application, because without one you will not be able to do it at any time, we will show you some options that can be really useful for you.
Apps for Android
If you have an Android phone there are a lot of applications that you can easily find in your Google Play Store, many of these are free software. The best conversion apps are:
- Audio Converter developed by UPlayer.
- Audio Converter – MP3 Cutter developed by Bdroid Team.
- Music Editor developed by Prometheus Interactive LLC.
Applications for iOS
In case you have a device with iOS operating system, you can also find some reliable programs in your App Store, here you can see some of the most recommended ones:
The Audio Converter developed by SmoothMobile.
- Audio Extrator developed by Huamei Xi.
- To MP3 Converter Free developed by Amvidia Limited.
Which website can be used to convert the file for free?
Another way to convert your WMA files to MP3 easily is through online converters, many of these are completely free and offer other conversion formats such as MP4 video to MP3 audio or MP3 to WAV files, the possibilities are endless.
But you must be careful when using the web to convert any kind of files, as there are many sites that do not give you security and could give you files with viruses or malware, this is why you should only use trusted online converters such as the following:
- Wondershare Online UniConverter.
- Online Convert Free.
- Online – Convert.