Find out how to export Telegram chats with desktop, web and app. Today we will see with this new guide, how to export Telegram chats with Desktop, Web and App version. Yes, because Telegram, allows among many things, to be able to export chat messages that you have exchanged in the messaging platform. What does this mean? It means that if perhaps you lost your phone, reset it, had your smartphone stolen, etc., if you had, for example, photos and videos, as well as chats, that you lost because they were saved in the device’s memory, you will be able to recover them if you had previously sent these files to someone using Telegram chat. You will then be able to export every chat so that you will be able to recover the photos and videos that you had sent to someone and to be able to do that we will use the official function that we find available on Telegram Desktop for export, but not only that in fact there are also other methods that can be used for those who use the app or the Web version and do not want to use Telegram’s Desktop service.
Exporting Telegram Desktop messages, allows you to be able to Backup Telegram messages and to be able to do so is very simple as you just need to follow these steps that you will find listed below:
- Log into Telegram
- Go inside the Settings
- Then tap on Advanced
- Now tap on Export Telegram data
- Then tap on Export
- This is just one of the ways you can use to export Telegram messages, and using this feature, you can retrieve the messages you have shared and received on Telegram. But what if you don’t want to use Telegram Desktop but the smartphone app or the Web version? If you want to know how to export Telegram chats, in the course of this guide we will go through all the ways you can use to export the content of a chat.
how to export data from Telegram Desktop
Telegram uses a system that gives you a way to be able to export messages only on its Desktop version. The function Export Telegram data, is one of the main functions that can be found in the desktop version of the messaging app. This feature is only found on Telegram Desktop at the moment and through it you can retrieve all the data that has been shared and received on Telegram. You can export all the chats that you had on Telegram, individual chats, content that includes photos and videos, as well as files, and you can also export chats from a public group or channel that you are a part of. You can export and retrieve all your data on Telegram Desktop by following these steps:
- Log in to Telegram Desktop
- Click on the Three horizontal bars to access the Menu
- Go inside the Settings
- Next click on Advanced
- Now from Data and Storage, you need to go to Export Telegram Data.
- Then scroll down and from the list that is shown to you on the screen, click on all the boxes of what you are going to export (from Location and Format you can select between human readable HTML and machine readable JSON format. Between the two select HTML, this is because doing so will allow you to open the data in offline format.
- Click on Export to finish
export chat content by taking a Screenshot
You can also export a chat by taking a Screenshot, so you can send it to another user, thus exporting the chat content. This of the Screenshot is a quick and easy way to be able to export not only messages, but also images and photographs to another smartphone. To capture a Screenshot on Android is very simple and by now most devices allow you to take a Screenshot by lowering the status bar and pressing the button that says Screenshot. Once you get the screenshot of the message or photo, you can export it. The method, however, is fine for short messages and photos, but what if there are long chats to export? Or if there are videos? There is another method that we will now see in the next section and that is to record the screen.
perform a video recording of the screen
By recording the screen, you can record in video format all the content of the chats, from texts to movies and photographs. The video can then be exported to another compatible device for viewing. To record what happens on the screen of an Android smartphone, simply use one of the applications that record video on Android. Some smartphones also already integrate this feature, such as MIUI and Huawei devices, so you will not need third-party apps to record the screen video. Once the chat recording is finished, it can then be exported. Those who receive the video will be able to read the entire chat content and also view the video if it was started during the recording.
save your data as a Backup using Telegram Web
If you want to Backup your data such as messages and photos, you can also use Telegram Web and probably among the methods in this guide, this is the easiest way to be able to do it. To export data using Telegram Web, proceed as follows:
- Access Telegram Web using your browser
- Select one of the chat messages that you plan to save
- Now press the CTRL + P keys together.
- From Change, you must select a method that allows you to save the chat history
- Once you are done, Click Save and your Telegram chat messages and photos will be backed up
There are several methods that can be used to be able to export Telegram Backup messages to your devices or another person’s. Although there is the official system to export all your data provide for using Telegram Desktop, with the other versions of Telegram such as the app and Web this is not possible. But you can always use the methods seen in this guide to equally succeed in saving and exporting the chats, photos and videos you have on Telegram. See you next guide.