Today with this new guide we will see how to reply to messages on WhatsApp without appearing online on Android. So many people would like to reply to messages on WhatsApp but they would like to do it without having to appear online every time, this way you will be able to avoid having to reply to all the people who have sent us a message but whom you may want to reply to more calmly, also you will avoid the contacts who as soon as they see us online are there to send us a message. Being able to send a message on WhatsApp without necessarily having to appear online, it is also useful to be able to exchange messages with one or more people, without having the pressure of having to respond to some other contact for whom instead you need to give as thoughtful and clear a response as possible and you do not want to appear online to respond to others so as not to make the situation worse. If your intention is to reply to messages on WhatsApp without appearing online on Android, but you are not sure how to do so, continue reading this guide to find out the methods you can use.
Replying to someone on WhatsApp without appearing online status is for many users of the messaging app with the green icon a real necessity, this is because perhaps you do not want to be disturbed by other contacts, because you do not want to show that you have been online and have not had a chance to reply due to time issues to someone appearing rude or still you do not want to appear online in order not to respond in the immediate future to a nuisance who then asks a thousand questions about why you did not get a reply despite being online. Whatever the reason you need to reply to messages on WhatsApp without appearing online on Android, this guide will show you the solutions to be able to do so. Solutions for which you are not required to use third-party applications downloaded from the Google Play Store or who knows what other platform or website, which I also advise against for privacy reasons, but instead everything will be done directly from the functions that the WhatsApp app already has. So are you ready to reply to messages on WhatsApp without appearing online on Android? Then let’s start with this guide by listing the two methods to use.
Reply to a message from the notifications screen
The easiest way to reply to a WhatsApp contact who has written to you, but without having to appear online, is to use the Reply function that is displayed below each notification that is shown for every message received on WhatsApp. So how does this method of being able to reply to a contact without appearing online work? Very simply you can reply to a message on WhatsApp without appearing online using the notification by following these steps:
- Once you have received the message from the person you want to reply to on WhatsApp, pull down the notification dropdown
- You will then be shown the WhatsApp notification with the name of the contact who wrote you the message and the full text they wrote to you
- In the notification, at its bottom you will be able to see the item Reply. Tap it
- Still from the screen of the notification you received, you will now be shown a bar where you can type the reply text to the contact who wrote to you on WhatsApp
- Type the reply text
- Once you have finished typing the text you want to send, press on the arrow located to the right of the bar you use to type the text and the message will be sent
- The contact will receive the message, without you ever going online on WhatsApp. You can then continue to reply as long as you receive the messages without ever appearing online
Turn off the internet before sending a message
Another method you can use to reply to a message you have received on WhatsApp without appearing online, or in this case, even to send a message to a contact without them having written to you first (so without them having to just reply), is to turn off the internet connection you are using, whether Wi-Fi or data connection. Once you have disabled the data connection or Wi-Fi from your Android smartphone, you can write the message and send it, this without being seen online by anyone. In more detail, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Lower the status bar, then disconnect from the Internet by pressing on the buttons turn off the data connection or Wi-Fi connection . If you want to alternatively, you can also turn on airplane mode by tapping on the appropriate button
- Enter WhatsApp and search for the contact you want to reply to a message and send it to them
- Type the text of the message you want to send to the WhatsApp contact. During this step no one will be able to see you online because you are not connected to the Internet. Then take as much time as you need to formulate the message you need to send
- Once you have written the message and are ready to send, send it as you normally would by pressing on the green circular button with the arrow that is next to the message typing bar
- You will be shown a clock next to the time of the message you sent, this is because the message has not yet been sent to WhatsApp’s servers in when it lacks an internet connection. Exit WhatsApp now
- Turn on the internet connection while WhatsApp is still closed and the message will be received by the contact you sent it to and you will never have appeared online
If for some reason of your own you want to reply to a message on WhatsApp without having to appear online, because maybe you don’t want to appear online and thus show that you haven’t replied to other people who have written to you, because you don’t want someone to look you up when they see you online or for who knows what other reason of yours, there are as we have seen two different ways to be able to do this. The first method will allow you to just be able to reply to a message that you have received on WhatsApp without having to appear online, while the second method will allow you to both send a message to a contact on WhatsApp and reply, in both cases without ever appearing online, and to do this you simply need to disconnect from your internet connection. It is then up to you to choose which of the two methods to use. Until the next guide.