Android, has had great success due to the fact that it is an open-source operating system and even for those who are not programming experts, it has allowed you to customize the user interface to your liking, especially with the use of launcher applications with which you can change the icons, add features, wallpapers, change the grid of icons, etc., but if this could not be enough, here come the custom ROMs, able to add in many devices a large number of features and customizations that in the stock version of Android are not present. If we’re talking mainly about customization options, with Android you can customize almost everything, from the status bar to the navigation bar and if you’re interested in changing the navigation bar, which is the horizontal bar that you find on the bottom of the screen and that allows you to access your Home, go back or access the list of recent apps, keep reading this article as we’ve listed the best apps to change the color of the navigation bar on Android.
You might think, wrongly, that in order to change the color of the navigation bar on Android you need to have Root permissions, in fact, this is wrong and to do such an operation you just need to install an app that allows you to change the color of the navigation bar, such as an application known as Navbar Apps, an app created for Android customization that is available for free within the Google Play Store and can be installed on any Android device with an operating system version from 5 onwards. So, let’s see how to change the color of the navigation bar on Android with Navbar:
- First of all, you need to download from the Google Play Store and install the Navbar Apps app on your smartphone.
- Once the Navbar app is installed, proceed with launching it
- Hit the Let’s do it button from the app’s main screen
- On the next page, you’ll see a screen asking you to enable drawing over other apps. You must accept by pressing the button that says Allow app to draw over apps
- Once you’ve granted permission to draw over other apps, go back into the app and tap the Next button and you’ll get a new Navbar screen where you’ll be asked to enable accessibility services, which is needed to be able to automatically change the color of the navigation bar. Tap the Go to Accessibility Services button
- From the Downloaded Services section, toggle the switch to On for the Navbar Apps app
- Go back to the Navbar app and tap the Go to Home Screen button.
- You should now be inside the main screen of the app. To get the color of a currently running app, select the “Active App” option
- If you want, you can also activate the “Navigation bar widget”. Using this option, the navigation bar will be shown with an image of your choice from the ones available or to be downloaded
- Users can also set the option to display the Battery Percentage, which is useful to use the navigation bar to know the current battery charge level
- In the navigation bar, users can also set “Emoji” and “Music Widgets”.
This is what you can do to be able to change the color of the navigation bar on Android with Navbar and all without any need for Root permissions. If you’re not satisfied with the Navbar app alone, you should know that there are other similar apps out there, and the following are the best ones you can use to change the color of the navigation bar on Android. Let’s see what they are.
Stylish – Customize Your Navbar & Weather Widget
Stylish – Customize Your Navbar & Weather Widget is an app that serves to customize Android and is available for free download directly on the Google Play Store. With Stylish, you can easily change the color of the navigation bar, the app is very similar to the Navbar app that was described above and besides the colors, with Stylish you can also change the icons and swap the backgrounds of the navigation bar. The app also allows you to add a weather widget to the home screen, so you can view real-time weather updates directly from your device’s screen.
As the name of the app says, Colorful Custom Navigation Bar is an app that is able to customize the navigation bar on an Android device, through the use of amazing and vibrant colors. Although the app is not that popular, it is still worth downloading and installing it on your phone so that you can try it out and get your own idea of the job it does. In addition to colors, the Colorful Custom Navigation Bar allows the user to be able to add images, animations, gradient colors, emoji, a battery charge indicator directly on the navigation bar
Custom Navigation Bar is another one of the best apps available on the Google Play Store that serve to be able to customize the navigation bar of the Android operating system. With the Custom Navigation Bar app, you can display a custom navigation bar, to which the background color can be easily changed or disabled. Apart from that, the app also allows you to be able to increase or decrease the size/space of the navigation bar button. As we have already seen in Navbar, also on Custom Navigation Bar you can add a background image to the navigation bar and you can display the battery level, also you can insert personal emoji and do so much more
Smart Navigation Bar Pro although not that popular an app, is one of the best navigation bar customization apps that can be found within the Google Play Store. The app offers a good amount of customizations that allow the user to improve the appearance of their Android device’s stock navigation bar. In addition to customization, Smart Navigation Bar Pro can even add virtual home, back, and recent buttons to the screen. All in all, Smart Navigation Bar Pro is an excellent application to use for customizing your Android navigation bar and worth trying out to appreciate its features.
These are the best Android apps to try for changing the color of the navigation bar on Android, so if you felt like customizing the interface of your Android phone a bit, you now have some good apps to be able to start customizing your device.