Today we’ll see what to do if incoming calls are not displayed on Android and then for someone if he is calling we are not able to understand him. The smartphone allows you to do so many things: chat, take pictures, shoot videos, know the weather, watch movies, surf the internet, and much more, so that we often forget that a smartphone is also able to call and receive calls. But what happens if incoming calls don’t show up? What if the phone rings but incoming calls are not shown? In that case, it is necessary at the end of the call attempt, open the notifications panel to understand who was calling us, something rather uncomfortable and that prevents you from answering calls more or less important and if you too are facing this annoying problem, in this guide you will find the most common solutions to be able to solve it. So let’s see below in this guide, what to do if incoming calls are not displayed on Android.
Table of Contents
What to do if incoming calls don’t show up on Android
Reboot your phone
As always when something doesn’t work on a smartphone, the first thing to do is to restart the device. Press on the power/off button of the phone and proceed with its reboot. Once you have restarted the smartphone, try to see if you can display it normally when someone calls you. If the problem is not solved go to the following solutions
Enable notification for incoming calls
Normally for incoming calls, notifications are enabled by default on every Android device, but sometimes due to updates or third-party apps this default setting might be changed, although usually, you can’t even change the setting as it’s disabled, it depends on the device you’re using. You will, however, be able to proceed with the change if an app or an update changes this default setting. In order to change the setting, follow the steps below (not possible on all devices):
- Open Settings on your phone and go to Manage apps
- Search among the installed apps for the one with the item Call Management and tap to access it.
- Tap on Notifications and make sure everything is on for Missed calls and incoming calls. If everything is already turned on, temporarily disable it and proceed to reactivate it.
- Repeat the process with the Phone app instead of the Call Manager.
- Try now to see if the screen to answer appears on the screen when you get a call. If it doesn’t, move on to the next solution
Clear your cache and data
Another solution you could try is to clear the cache and data of the Phone app. Clearing the data will remove the call history and restore the settings of the Phone app. Below is the procedure to follow:
- Go into Settings on your smartphone
- Go to Manage apps
- Search for the Phone app
- Hit on Delete data and clear the Cache
- Restart the device and see if the issue has been resolved, otherwise follow the previous path and hit Delete all data to remove the app data that is saved
Reset the app’s preferences
When incoming calls don’t show up, the problem mainly affects the Phone app, and resetting it might lead to a solution. This procedure will not remove any data, but some settings involving notifications, permissions, etc., will be restored to their defaults. To restore the app’s preferences, proceed as follows:
- Open Settings and go to App Management
- Click on the 3 dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Reset app preferences
Grant the necessary permissions
The Phone app must have permission to display content on other apps. If you do not grant permission, this may hinder the app from working, resulting in calls not being displayed on the screen. To fix this issue, proceed as follows:
- As seen above go to Settings
- Go to App / Application Management
- Tap on Advanced followed by Special access app
- Now tap on View on other apps and then Phone.
- Make sure the switch next to Allow viewing on other apps is turned on.
Check Do Not Disturb (DND) mode
With Do Not Disturb (DND) mode, which is different from Silent mode, a blocking of interruptions that might be caused by visual notifications will be activated. Simply put, you’ll receive the notification in the notification panel, but there will be no audio notifications or pop-ups to disturb you. If this feature is enabled, it might be the reason why incoming calls are not showing up. To fix the issue, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings of your smartphone
- Scroll down to Sound and tap on it.
- Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off.
- If, however, you prefer to use Do Not Disturb DND, tap on Notifications and check that Pictures or Sounds from notifications is not selected. Switch to No sound from notifications. This way, you will receive notification pop-ups without any sound. Also, check if DND mode is set to be activated automatically and if necessary turn off Do Not Disturb altogether so that it cannot activate itself.
These are the solutions you can try if you don’t know what to do if incoming calls don’t show up on Android. Many times a simple restart of the phone is enough to put things right again, other times you need to follow different solutions that you can find in this guide. In the worst case, you may be forced to reset your device to factory defaults if you just can’t find a solution.