Knowing how to block a page in Google Chrome Android is not an easy task. We give you some keys.
There are several reasons why you may need to know how to block a page in Google Chrome Android, for example, you do not like the content of a particular website or, if you live with or deal with minors, you do not want them to access some content.
Also if you have identified some websites with a lot of advertising, that may contain viruses or simply to avoid distractions … Whatever the reason, we tell you how to block a page in Google Chrome Android!
Table of Contents
How to block web pages in google chrome without other apps
Although you can not block web pages in Google Chrome without other apps 100%, there is an option with which you will get “get rid” of these websites directly from your Android phone. It is to block, at least, access to some of its contents, and it is done as follows:
- Log in to Google Chrome from your phone and click on the three little dots at the top right. When the drop-down opens, select “Settings”.
- Go to the “Advanced settings” part and select the “Site settings” option.
How to block a page in google chrome android
If you want to know how to block a page in Google Chrome Android completely, you will have to turn to other applications or special websites for this. One of the most popular is Block Site.
- Go to the Play Store and download the Block Site app.
- Accept the terms and conditions by following the steps that the app itself will enable and making it work properly.
- Once inside, choose from the default options you want to block, or manually type the URL of the site you do not want to see again … (Although in this case, do not get carried away by the example).
How to remove permissions in google chrome
To find out how to remove permissions in Google Chrome, we have to follow almost the same steps we have given to block web pages without using other apps. In the same drop-down that we have seen above appeared other options such as “ads”, “automatic downloads”, or the famous “cookies”, among others.
If you want, for example, Google to stop asking you every time you browse from your mobile; or if you prefer to remove all permissions to make your Internet browsing safer, as well as block ads or cookies, we tell you what you have to do:
- Go back and enter Google Chrome from mobile and mark the three dots at the top right.
- Access again to “Settings”, “Advanced settings” and “Site settings” (exactly as we have explained above).
In some cases, for example, cookies, you will be able to choose between several options and add site exceptions. You will have to manually type the URL of the page in question, in the case that, for example, it is a web to which you enter frequently and to which you want to give or remove permissions different from the rest.