Netflix can be canceled directly to your platform using a credit or debit card, however Apple already works as a new credit card and there are those who choose to have it take care of paying for everything you can afford. If you are one of those who have ceded power to Apple but want to take back your individuality regarding Netflix subscription, we’ll show you the best way to do it.
Table of Contents
What should you keep in mind to cancel your Netflix subscription from an iOS device?
The first thing to keep in mind is that to cancel your Netflix subscription you must always do it from Apple if this was previously your payment method. If you try to cancel the subscription through another means, you may be able to do so, however Apple will charge you again for the monthly fee as they normally do.
Canceling Netflix subscription from an iOS device is a bit tedious and the ways will vary depending on the Apple device. We recommend you also, to have the latest Netflix update to make the process faster and more balanced.
Different cancellation method between iOS devices
- Pay Netflix from an iPhone or iPad device
- Access the iTunes & APP Store settings from the device and enter your ID and password to sign in.
- Select the option that says ‘Manage Subscriptions’.
- Locate among the list presented to you, the Netflix app and then click on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option. With this your subscription is deleted, however you can continue to use the application until the time you were charged the monthly fee.
Pay Netflix from a Mac
- Open the iTunes app and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select your account information and sign in again when prompted.
- Click on the option that says ‘Manage Along with Subscriptions’ and then choose the Netflix app.
- At the bottom of the screen you will have the option to Cancel Subscription, just press ‘OK’. As with the previous device, you will be able to enjoy Netflix programming until the payment period expires.
Pay Netflix from Apple TV.
- From the Apple TV you will open the settings menu, press where it says Accounts and then ‘Manage Subscriptions’.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Select the Netflix subscription.
- A button will appear that says ‘Automatic Renewal’, you have to press on it until it is disabled, press ‘Confirm’.
These are the 3 ways to cancel the subscription from an Apple device, you must keep in mind that you can continue to access the account for the duration of the subscription time, when the billing day arrives the account will be closed completely. If after the time you wish to re-subscribe you will have to create a new Netflix account.
How to cancel your Netflix subscription in iTunes on iOS?
Cancel Netflix subscription from iTunes can be a bit cumbersome and more because depending on the Apple device you use the steps will be different, the problem is that it is the only way to cancel Netflix unless you delete your account and reopen it without using Apple.
This is because Netflix from iTunes comes in a package that only iOS devices have and therefore must be paid in full.
From an iPhone or Android
Cancel Netflix subscription from an Android device is quite simple, you just have to go to the application, access your profile by touching your photo, select the option that says ‘Accounts’ and then click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
On iPhone you have to access the ‘iTunes & App Store’ settings, then select ‘Manage Subscriptions’, locate the Netflix app and select cancel.
With a Windows PC or Mac
From Windows the process is practically the same as Android, open your Netflix account from the official page, access your profile, select ‘Accounts’ and then ‘Cancel Subscription’.
With Mac you must log in to iTunes with the Apple ID, select your account information to return then log in again; you have to locate the option that says ‘Manage subscriptions’, locate Netflix and then select where it says ‘Cancel Subscription’, with this you are done with the Netflix subscription.
Canceling on an iPad
Canceling a Netflix account subscription from an iPad is completely the same as doing it from an iPhone. You have to first access the ‘iTunes & App Store’ settings, then select the ‘Manage Subscriptions’ option, locate the Netflix app and then select ‘Cancel’ and you’re done.