If you feel the need to protect a Word document, here we will show you the steps you have to follow to put a password to your file, users will also know all the functions and accessibility settings that this program has, so among the many options you can also find how to change or modify the size of the tables in Word.
What factors should you know before setting a password to a Word file?
While we know that Word is a program that allows us to access it easily and securely, we have to take into account some factors when putting a password to a document, we will teach you some tricks for that:
- You can use a phrase
- Alternate between vowels and numbers
- You have to take into account how to handle accents and accents.
Because if you don’t take into account these methods, when you forget the password it will be very difficult to recover it, you won’t be able to insert, put or write fractions in a document, that’s why you have to know how to choose a good password for your file.
If your Word file is from a version prior to 2019
With the latest Word update some options changed when it comes to putting a password to your document, that’s why I will show you how to do it:
- The first thing you have to do is locate the file you want to password.
- You go to the File option and click on Save As.
- A window will open where you will have to select the Documents option.
- Select General Options and there you will put the password that you wish
- Then click OK and the desired document will be protected.
The password is case-sensitive.
There is a big difference when you put the password in your file, because if you do not know how to differentiate between uppercase and lowercase it will be a problem when you put an alternate password and if you do not realize, when you want to put the password you entered and the document does not accept it, it is already because of something wrong that you put.
How to put a password in a Word document?
If you want to protect your documents for any reason you have Word, as well as the rest of Office applications. Note that the procedure is relatively the same for most operating systems. After that you will be able to save PDF documents.
When you have a Windows PC
- Locate in the toolbar the option Files
- Next select where it says Information
- Then click on Permissions or Protect Documents.
- Once in that window you will click on Encrypt password and there you will be able to place the word or numbers that you want to protect your document.
If you have versions prior to MAC 2012
- First locate the Word menu and click on Preferences.
- A window will pop up where you will select the padlock icon.
- A Password box will appear and you will enter the password of your choice and click on OK
- Then confirm the password you typed and click on Save, so your document will be protected.
- For recent MacOS computers
- Select the Review option and then go to the Protect Document tab.
- A Security tab will open where you will enter the password and repeat it to confirm.
- After clicking OK
From the web
In order to set a password to your document from the web you have to log in to Google drive and upload the document in Word format. Then, right click on the document and click on the Share option where you can add or remove anyone who may have access to the document.
How to recover a password-protected document if you forget it?
It is impossible for you to recover a Word document that has a password, since not even the Microsoft platform itself, due to security policies, can help you recover the protected document, that is why it is important that you do not forget the password you set.
Word is a program that through its many updates has improved its software with this has allowed users to have access to all its settings and functions, among which is how to protect a document with a password.